Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
kind of has to do with power... its not a linear, exponential or otherwise thing since there's different kinds of power handling... thermal is one kind of power rating, i forget the others though

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
The magnet is your driver, what you do when you make sound is you run power acros a coil thus creating an electromagnit. Now based on the polatiry at the point in wavelength, you electromagnet will with be repelled by or attrated to the bigger magnet. An thus you get vibrations and sound.

·
JL Fanatik
42 Posts
[SMAN] said:
The magnet is your driver, what you do when you make sound is you run power acros a coil thus creating an electromagnit. Now based on the polatiry at the point in wavelength, you electromagnet will with be repelled by or attrated to the bigger magnet. An thus you get vibrations and sound.
What i was about to say... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
depends. different companies uses magnets for various reasons.

ie)
B&W for actual purposes
Audiobahn for marketing:p:

·
Registered
392 Posts
These days magnet sizes don't play the role as the major used to. With growing technological advancements subs and speakers are made so efficient that size doesn't matter anymore. Well not as much as before. Actually lighter is better in recent sub development. But the use of magnets will still be needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts