Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we are looking to press Go on a platinum in the above colours but one of us is getting cold feet. Any chance anyone has this colour combination who could share a real world photo? (I did check the photos thread but didn鈥檛 see this combo). Thank you! Help me get this done 馃槉

Registered
Haven't seen this combo on the road as of yet. Would like to see this as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding. That chart is laid out in a confusing way. The second page lists the colours for each trim level. It doesn鈥檛 relate to the prior page, although at a glance I see why it appeared that way. Glazed caramel is available with the metallic gray (and other colours too).

Registered
Thanks for responding. That chart is laid out in a confusing way. The second page lists the colours for each trim level. It doesn鈥檛 relate to the prior page, although at a glance I see why it appeared that way. Glazed caramel is available with the metallic gray (and other colours too).
Interestingly, in Canada, if you try to build it at any trim, the glazed caramel is not available for magnetic gray but it is in the U.S.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Interestingly, in Canada, if you try to build it at any trim, the glazed caramel is not available for magnetic gray but it is in the U.S.
Close but not quite: The magnetic grey is available with the glazed caramel at the platinum level in Canada. That is what we are intending to buy 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, with a bit more searching I found the following in case it鈥檚 helpful for anyone:

Registered
Close but not quite: The magnetic grey is available with the glazed caramel at the platinum level in Canada. That is what we are intending to buy 馃槉
Yep, you're right. I doubt you'd find any in that color combo though. You may need to custom order and wait.

Registered
Hi, we are looking to press Go on a platinum in the above colours but one of us is getting cold feet. Any chance anyone has this colour combination who could share a real world photo? (I did check the photos thread but didn鈥檛 see this combo). Thank you! Help me get this done 馃槉
With the glazed caramel, the dash and trim is a brownish red. Might clash with the darker gray paint.

Premium Member
It's something different, which is nice. I've gotten tired of black, grey, and beige interior. My Tacoma is "Hickory", which is a much darker brown color. I have that with MGM on the outside and I like it.

With the Glazed Caramel, the carpeting, pillars, and headliner are still black. The differences are in the seats, the door panels, and the dash. A lot of the dash that would otherwise be black is a brown color.

I agree, it would be nice to see it before ordering it. I was even hesitant when I ordered the Tacoma with Hickory, but I'm very happy with it now that I have it.

My Highlander is the Ruby Flare Pearl with the Caramel. That's an excellent combination IMO, and again, I like the fact that the interior stands out as being a little more unique for a change.

Registered
There are a few on cars.com. They don't do a great job showing the exterior and interior together, but it may help.

This one was probably one of the better ones:

It looks like a lot of the dealers classify Moondust as "gray," so there's a bunch of those mixed in when you filter the results. Also, they lump the Glazed Caramel as "beige," so you have to hunt for them in the results.

Reactions: Gourmista

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
There are a few on cars.com. They don't do a great job showing the exterior and interior together, but it may help.

This one was probably one of the better ones:

It looks like a lot of the dealers classify Moondust as "gray," so there's a bunch of those mixed in when you filter the results. Also, they lump the Glazed Caramel as "beige," so you have to hunt for them in the results.
Thank you so much for taking the time to find this and post. 馃槉

Registered
2021 Highlander Platinum
My Highlander is in that color combo. It might be difficult to see the interior in this pic but I can take some more pics tomorrow if that helps.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
My Highlander is in that color combo. It might be difficult to see the interior in this pic but I can take some more pics tomorrow if that helps. View attachment 319350
That is a handsome vehicle. Thank you for posting. I would love to see more pics if you have them. I take it you are loving your car? We are 99.9% finalizing this same combo tomorrow.

Registered
2021 Highlander Platinum
That is a handsome vehicle. Thank you for posting. I would love to see more pics if you have them. I take it you are loving your car? We are 99.9% finalizing this same combo tomorrow.
I am definitely loving it. I have seen a couple in magnetic gray but they have black or gray interiors. I love the magnetic gray color. My previous two Camry's were the same color. I will take some pics tomorrow.

Registered
2021 Highlander Limited w/12.3 Display.
After agonizing over which color I chose the Magnetic Gray. Now after 4 months I can say I'm so happy I chose this color. I think it makes the highlanders shape look fantastic. My second choice would have been the dark blue. Now as far as the Carmel interior, I can't believe anyone likes it. I don't mean to be negatively opinionated, but if I had to look at that color on a daily basis, well..... It definitely ( In My Opinion ) does not go with Gray.

Registered
@JoweezyCam12 I think we need some photos in response to Hitthespot. Just kidding- everyone is entitled to his/her own tastes and opinion.
I like the contrast between the Glazed Caramel and the grey or dark blue exteriors. I agonized over Blizzard Pearl and Nightshade. Went with the former since I know I'd have a heck of a time keeping a dark color clean.

Premium Member
I really like the lighter color of the glazed caramel interior but the darker brown/red kills it for me. I think if they replaced the brown/red elements with black and kept the light colors where they are at now it would be beautiful. I would have bought a platinum if they had that color combo interior.

Registered
I really like the lighter color of the glazed caramel interior but the darker brown/red kills it for me. I think if they replaced the brown/red elements with black and kept the light colors where they are at now it would be beautiful. I would have bought a platinum if they had that color combo interior.
I agree. I think the better trim color should have been a dark blue-gray, or black with the glazed caramel.

Premium Member
I agree. I think the better trim color should have been a dark blue-gray, or black with the glazed caramel.
Yeah, the current colors clash. Especially when you look at the console butted up to black carpet. It would look so slick to be black or really dark gray meeting up with the carpet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts