Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah, the current colors clash. Especially when you look at the console butted up to black carpet. It would look so slick to be black or really dark gray meeting up with the carpet.
BMW got it right.

Reactions: truckster

·
Registered
719 Posts
I really like the lighter color of the glazed caramel interior but the darker brown/red kills it for me. I think if they replaced the brown/red elements with black and kept the light colors where they are at now it would be beautiful. I would have bought a platinum if they had that color combo interior.
I actually like the dark brown with the Glazed Caramel. Seems like everyone went with black as the contrast color; this makes it a little more unique, though Lexus has been using dark brown as an accent for few years too now.

I could go either way, though. Toyota uses the charcoal accents in the pillars and roof, so it’s actually a bunch of different colors floating around in the Glazed Caramel interior.

·
Registered
2021 Highlander Platinum
100 Posts
@JoweezyCam12 I think we need some photos in response to Hitthespot. Just kidding- everyone is entitled to his/her own tastes and opinion.
That was the reason I got the glazed caramel interior. Most wouldn't like that combo which makes it sort of unique and rarely seen on the street. Every other car I've had came with a black interior and the graphite and the harvest beige interior was too light for me especially having a toddler. I respect his opinion though and will take and post the pics tomorrow as I will have the free time to do so😁

Reactions: Gourmista

·
Registered
719 Posts
That was the reason I got the glazed caramel interior. Most wouldn't like that combo which makes it sort of unique and rarely seen on the street.
When it comes in, I might have the only Glazed Caramel in my state to date — all the other Platinums have been with the black or graphite interior. No beige being ordered either, for some reason.

·
Registered
2021 Highlander Platinum
100 Posts
Was able to take a few pics today. My apology for the glare is some of the shots.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
I actually like the dark brown with the Glazed Caramel. Seems like everyone went with black as the contrast color; this makes it a little more unique, though Lexus has been using dark brown as an accent for few years too now.
+1. I like the brown rather than more black. I think the interior gets really boring when everything is black. It all depends on the lighting at the time, but I don't think there's that much red in the brown.

·
Registered
543 Posts
+1. I like the brown rather than more black. I think the interior gets really boring when everything is black. It all depends on the lighting at the time, but I don't think there's that much red in the brown.
While I agree, I have all black and am ok with that. I'm just happy that the material and assembly quality is top notch. I think it has a sophisticated feel, though it doesn't take much to impress me given I came from Honda where cheap plastics and poor assembly quality were the norm.

·
Registered
2021 Highlander Platinum
100 Posts
@JoweezyCam12 thank you so much for taking the time to take and share photos. Your car is gorgeous. I hope you enjoy it 😊
Thank you! I am enjoying the hell out of it. My son loves it as well. He prefers riding in my Highlander verses riding in mom's CX-9 Carbon Edition (He prefers the Panoramic Mood Roof 😁).

Reactions: Gourmista
21 - 31 of 31 Posts