Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i'm doing a report on hybrids with a focus on the prius. I need to know why you bought the toyota prius.
or even feel free to comment why you think the general population of prius owners bought the prius.
Thanx in advance guys

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
The Prius is a great car. Excellent fuel mileage, excellent driveability, excellent reliability and I could just go on.

Toyota really sat down and thought about this one and got it right. I've had mine for a year and a half now, and don't have a single complaint.

Only thing I think I might have added, would have been the following:

- Auto locking doors
- Auto headlights
- Fan speed on steering wheel controls

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love my 2010 prius and the great gas mileage, but the main reason was psychological. I wanted to imagine having some type of personal impact shoving a boot up OPEC, the stock speculators and local refiner's asses as far as it could go. So please don't burst my bubble. ;)

·
Ms Mechanic
Toyota Camry
17 Posts
Why Prius?

I origonally purchaced my Prius because!
1 High Milage was told 60 mpg! Only ever got 43 at highest that is checking the thing at the pump! 2005 year
2 low emissions. 0 is what it is suppose to be but I guess that is not really true
3 Kicking OPEC's Ass
4 Lowering imported Oil from all countries.
5 Lowering my cost to operate when I saw gas approaching 5 per gallon.
Lastly something differnt.

·
Ms Mechanic
Toyota Camry
17 Posts
Tell us more about the 2010 Prius I may buy one

I love my 2010 prius and the great gas mileage, but the main reason was psychological. I wanted to imagine having some type of personal impact shoving a boot up OPEC, the stock speculators and local refiner's asses as far as it could go. So please don't burst my bubble. ;)
Please tell me a lot more about your 2010 Prius I am looking to buy one so I would like to know a lot more.
I test drove one today 7-10-2009 and liked the feel of it and the car felt a lot bigger than my 2005 Prius.
I also like the dash arangement. The one I drove was a model 3 or 4 with leather seats but I would like the roof things on it but they seem a little expensive at 4500 for the roof vents? And are they worth it?
Anyone that has one please post all comments good bad and ugly as well as the GReat things about it. Also post info on Milage.
Thank you all for posting.
Rena Chevalier

·
Registered
52 Posts
Please tell me a lot more about your 2010 Prius I am looking to buy one so I would like to know a lot more.
I test drove one today 7-10-2009 and liked the feel of it and the car felt a lot bigger than my 2005 Prius.
I also like the dash arangement. The one I drove was a model 3 or 4 with leather seats but I would like the roof things on it but they seem a little expensive at 4500 for the roof vents? And are they worth it?
Anyone that has one please post all comments good bad and ugly as well as the GReat things about it. Also post info on Milage.
Thank you all for posting.
Rena Chevalier
Rena, please excuse my crude first coment and I'll try to tell you about my Prius. I've only had it for 2 weeks and its my first Prius as well. I've test driven earlier versons and I did not like the way it handled, it seem floaty with a lot of body roll. The Gen III handles much better in my opinion and like you, I like the new console and the way its laid out. So far my average mpg seems to be 53-54 mpg, running in normal mode. I've had ECO mode render 55.3 - 57.1 mpg so I'm really happy with fuel efficency since its not really even considered broke in yet. Ride is a little noisier compared to my '08 camry, but not by much. If I was not limited by budget restraints, I would go for a Solar roof because of the hot humid temps here in the south. Which brings up the air conditioning...its been great and cools frigid in temps here which have been running in the high 90's. Overall I love the car and the only complaint is my reverse "Beep,Beep,Beep" which I will have the dealer downgrade to a single beep. Take care! George

·
Ms Mechanic
Toyota Camry
17 Posts
Thank you George

Rena, please excuse my crude first coment and I'll try to tell you about my Prius. I've only had it for 2 weeks and its my first Prius as well. I've test driven earlier versons and I did not like the way it handled, it seem floaty with a lot of body roll. The Gen III handles much better in my opinion and like you, I like the new console and the way its laid out. So far my average mpg seems to be 53-54 mpg, running in normal mode. I've had ECO mode render 55.3 - 57.1 mpg so I'm really happy with fuel efficency since its not really even considered broke in yet. Ride is a little noisier compared to my '08 camry, but not by much. If I was not limited by budget restraints, I would go for a Solar roof because of the hot humid temps here in the south. Which brings up the air conditioning...its been great and cools frigid in temps here which have been running in the high 90's. Overall I love the car and the only complaint is my reverse "Beep,Beep,Beep" which I will have the dealer downgrade to a single beep. Take care! George
I dont like the Beep Beep Beep on my Prius either. It is anoying.
Your comment is the same thing I made also about sticking it to OPEC. I am EX Military and Well you cant make me blush easily.
Thank you for the info on yours I tried the Eco mode on my test drive but couldnt see much differnce. And I am not exactly sure of what the differnt modes do yet. And I am disapointed that they dont have a plug in and the Electric mode only only goes up to 25 or so.
But I bet the electric only mode makes a differnce in traffic??
The milage sounds good to me. My milage did improve a little after my first long trip at highway speeds and above but it never got much above 45 and when doing a pump test there was a differnce between actual milage and console milage.
Have you done a pump check yet?
It is kind of hard to do the pump check because the tank has a bladder in it and you have to expand it quite a bit to get the tank to full. (Or at least the lat model year did.) But if you do it to the first click off I am not sure it would be accruate.
The seats seemed much more comfortable in this Prius and the lumbar support is great. That was one thing I didnt like about gen2 was the seats. I couldnt ride the car more than an hour at a time when I first got it. I had to put in seat covers and foam under the covers. Then the 6 hour trip.
Thank you again for replying if you want a direct contact it is renachevalier at hotmail dot com.
If not I understand I am only looking to talk about what I will be buying soon.
Best
Rena

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rena, the 2010 Gen III does not contain a bladder in the fuel tank. I have done a pump check and the on board computer mpg is slightly higher by 1.5 - 2.0 mpg. The seats have been very good and comfortable to me. I have an 80 mile round trip to work every day and have been pleased with ride quality and comfort. Also no rattles so far. PLease let us know about your Prius if and when you buy one. Take care! George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts