Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom just got a new 05 corolla le, and gave me her old 93 corolla 4a-fe 5sp. Its got 150,000 miles, and runs pretty good, it was well maintained. It recently got a new clutch, and cat. I can tell that until its warmed up as I accelerate in 1-3 it lags or hesitates at certain rpms. I think it mite have something to do with the fuel system, but I don't really know. Anyways I want to keep it in good running conditon and was wondering what I should replace to keep it running strong. I was thinking one thing to replace would be the timing belt and spark plugs and maybe plug wires. I got a toyota factory service manual on the way for it so I'll be able to replace things a little easier.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Fuel system cleaner, dump a bottle in with a full tank of gas. You can do a engine flush and put synthetic oil. Coolant flush and new coolant. Tranny flush. Oh check air filter or just get a K&N filter. Don't worry about plug wire unless they're broken. You can gat a can of throttle body cleaning spray, remove the intake hose and clean the TB and inside the manifold.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off what should I use to flush the engine oil so I can put synthetic in, and what type of oil filter should I use? K&N airfilter sounds like a good idea. What type of plugs should I use? Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts