Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just wondering i have a 2007 V6 LE and the service maintance light came on at 5000 mile but i didn't go back to factory to change oil... is it like the older camry i can just unplug the negative for a while and it'll dissappear?

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
How many of these same threads do we have to have????? Half of the threads are repeats and repeats.

Read your owners manual or use the search function if that is easier to read!!!!!!!!!

If you are searching it is "maintenance".

·
ToyotaNation Member
2007 Camry LE
174 Posts
njerald said:
How many of these same threads do we have to have????? Half of the threads are repeats and repeats.

Read your owners manual or use the search function if that is easier to read!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to open every thread(or respond to every thread)! Hit the back button. Thanks for the spell check too!:nutkick: :nutkick:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
njerald said:

shut up you dumb a$$ bitc* if you not going to help then don't answer...

thanks a lot for those who ACTUALLY helps

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
ml2b0n3z said:
shut up you dumb a$$ bitc* if you not going to help then don't answer...

thanks a lot for those who ACTUALLY helps
No need to attack him with names. Yes most of the time he is never helpful, Just tells you to look for the answer somewhere else. Just ignor the immature response from him.

Thanks.

·
Streaker
2013 Sunset Bronze T
1,802 Posts
I think njerald is a definite asset to this forum. I know he grates a lot of members but he's on the ball when it comes to relevant info. Take a bow njerald!!!!!:clap:

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
The maintenance light comes on at 5000 miles to remind you it's time for an oil change. Get the oil changed if you haven't already done it. This is different than the check engine light that comes on when a malfunction with one of the engine management sensors is detected. There is a procedure in the owner's manual to reset the maintenance light. From memory, here's the procedure:

1.Start the car.
2.Go to trip meter 1.
3.Shut off the car.
4.While depressing the trip meter reset button, turn the ignition to on (Not start) and hold the button down.
5.You will see a bar type graph move from left to right in the display. When it's completed, the light will go out.
6.Start the car and varify the light is out.

Note, the light will come on again in another 5000 miles.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts