Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to take my egr valve out and clean it but i want to make sure that I take it out the correct way. It is for a 95 camry 5s-fe. It is connected behind the throttle body structure with two nuts, with a black hose connected to the bottom of the egr itself, then to the side of the egr valve is another gold color nut and thin line connecting to it. Is this the correct way of taking the egr valve out by disconnecting it from all 3 of these structures?

I am also trying to flush my transmission through the "cooler lines" myself instead of draining and refilling for 10-15 to get all the dirty fluid out. I know that there should be two lines connecting to the radiator. And you disconnecting one of the returning hoses to drain to a bucket. From what I see on the other threads, these two cooler lines are right next to each other. But for my 95 camry, one hose connects to the radiator under the fan on the driver side, and there is another hose connecting to the radiator under the other fan on the passenger side. So which hose do I take out to drain the old fluid out for this car? Has anyone done this on a 5s-fe before?

·
Registered
2002 Camry
2,231 Posts
1. EGR - yu can try cleaning it but its better to just change it after doing all that work. Theyre not designed to be cleaned.
2. Remove either hose is fine, just put the bucket where the fluid comes out. Drain about 1 quart or two, reattach hose, top up ATF at dipstick hole. Repeat til its fairly clean. Youd probably use at least two gallons for this, is you are using Toyota T IV it will get expensive ($4- 5 qt) but cheaper than a rebuild i guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts