The maintence light stays on even though the engine oil checks out ok. This happened once before and I was able to correct the problem only I forget what I did...something to do with the odometer buttons comes to mind. Anyone have an idea?
The maintenance light comes on every ~5,000 miles, or every ~5,000 miles after it has been reset anyway. Example... if you changed the oil at 3,000 miles but did not reset the light, it will still come on at 5,000 miles. Here are the instructions on how to reset it:
1. Turn ignition switch to "ON" position
2. Set odometer/trip display to "ODO" mode
3. Turn ignition switch to "OFF" position
4. Depress and hold the Trip Meter "RESET" button while turning the ignition switch to the "ON" position
5. The service maintenance reminder light will:
i. Illuminate solidly for 3 seconds
ii. Blink for 2 seconds
iii. Illuminate solidly for 1 second
iv. Turn off
6. Release the Trip Meter "RESET" button
7. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position
8. Turn the ignition to the "ON" position and confirm that the service maintenance reminder light goes out.
My rear brake lights stopped working. The high mounted brake light is still working along with the tail lights. The bulb is the same for the rear brake and tail lights. Is this a faulty wiring problem or relay switch?
I have a 97 4Runner that has developed a leak on a factory sunroof. The water comes through the seal of the glass and the frame of the sunroof. Does anyone now the proper way to seal this or should some windshield silicone be put around the perimeter of the glass/frame? Any help appreciated!!