Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Maintenance Required Soon warning message just came on when I hit 4500 miles few days ago on my 2015 HL XLE. I am scheduled for the 5000 mile service this weekend. I read the owner's manual about this warning message but it didn't say how to reset it. Is it something I can do or it has to be done at dealer? Will the Toyota dealer input the scheduled maintenance into the in-car maintenance record after each service (oil change, brake fluid, filter, etc)?

·
Old HT User
15 HL
936 Posts
The manual does say how to reset it. I don't remember which page, but it's there.
The light was annoying the sh*t out of me so I reset it before going to the dealer. They'll do it for you if you don't though.
I think you need to set your trip to A. Stop the car. Hold the trip reset button. Put the car in ACC. Hold until the trip resets / maintenance light goes off.
Pretty sure that's the procedure.
That light drove me banana sammich. :)

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
You turn the trip meter to Trip-A.

Turn vehicle off. Then while pressing the trip meter button - turn the key to the on position without starting the vehicle.

For those with push-button start...- same procedure..but instead you push the start button without pressing the brake pedal (which will start the vehicle).

·
Old HT User
15 HL
936 Posts
You turn the trip meter to Trip-A.

Turn vehicle off. Then while pressing the trip meter button - turn the key to the on position without starting the vehicle.

For those with push-button start...- same procedure..but instead you push the start button without pressing the brake pedal (which will start the vehicle).
Isn't it exactly what I said? Why even bother answering again?

Reactions: SDupp

·
Registered
119 Posts
Leave it as is and schedule the apt with the dealership. Once they took care of it, they will reset it for you. I have mine shown up now for maintenance requirement (not just the "soon" part for 10k miles. Scheduled this Friday and will have a free carwash as well. It does give me uncomfy feeling but I will ignore it 'til they take care of the maintenance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd rather do the simple oil change myself then pay the $75+ and wait 1-3 hours for the dealer to do it. This is one of the EASIEST vehicles to do an oil change. 15 minute job TOPS.

since when do they charge you $75.00+ for the maintenance under 10k?

·
Old HT User
15 HL
936 Posts
Dealers will charge you if you want to change your oil more often than what they recommend. Otherwise it's free the first few times you come in.
A lot of people still have the old school "every 5k oil change" mentality. Personally I don't think it's needed, but not here to argue about it either. I chose not to waste my money if I don't have to. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.