Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing the exhaust noise get louder and louder on my 95 Camry LE 4 cylinder and finally went to check it out. I found the flex linkage in the exhaust just before the catylitic converter completely separated from the rest of the exhaust. I called the dealership and they said that I needed the whole front pipe and it would cost me a measly $748.66 and I'd have to wait for it to ship from CA. As I look at it, it looks like there is a clamp right before it and right after it meaning that it can be removed...am I right about this? Do I need to find a different dealership? Is there some other way to fix this problem for less that $750? This is driving my wife nuts, so I really appreciate any help I can get in this.
Thanks again
--Josh

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

You must be a noob :)

Never go to a dealership. Dealerships = Screwing you for every penny
A local shop will do it for much less.

And no, you are right. You just need to replace the flex pipe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the flex pipe something that I can change, or does it have to be done by a shop? It looks like there is a joint at either end of it. I've done lots of other work on cars, but for some reason have never come across this problem. Does one of the parts stores carry the flex joint, or do I have to get an exhaust shop to do the work? Thanks

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
You can order flex pipe. Check around on the net. There will be somewhere that will sell one that fits your car. I don't have any sites off hand.

And it's easy enough that you could do it yourself. However you may want to do it on a day off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts