Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the dash in a gen3? I did a search as well as looked in my Haynes manual. Also how do you take out the interior trim pieces that fit around the front and rear seat belts? Any help????

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
bondoman said:
Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the dash in a gen3? I did a search as well as looked in my Haynes manual. Also how do you take out the interior trim pieces that fit around the front and rear seat belts? Any help????
with the dash removal, there are 4 screws in the Gen3 to remove, 2 above where the gauges are, and another 2 hidden behind the radio trim :p:, then after removing these, it should be a matter of pulling it loose and unplugging the accessories attached to it....

with the trim pieces around the front/rear seatbeats....i think that they are just clipped on, and you can carefully pry them off....:eek:
id get another opinion, because ive never touched those myself....

good luck :)

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
i'm pretty sure there are some in the glove compartment too

basically, undo any bolt/screw/clip that looks like it has anything to do with holding the dash in

·
Registered
361 Posts
Go to your toyota dealership, and ask for pictures on how to remove your dash. I asked for diagrams of how my car was put together, so i could install a tv and rear view camera, and they printed off the trunk the whole interior, and the instructions on how to remove the dash. Very helpful people, you should try it.

Omar

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
The sides around your seatbelts are easy to remove.

First remove the plastic party on the door sils (Pull them off). Then just grab one side and pull it off. No bolts required.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. I'll try to tackle the dash this coming week. As for the trim pieces I'll mess with those tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.:thumbup:

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
well, to remove the dash i didn't need to remove anything from the glovebox, that is, unless you plan to remove the enitre dash cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts