Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to that "one chart"(i forget the chart, but i've seen it), the 3sfe is making 115hp stock.

This is how I plan on making the 3sfe powerful:

Intake:
(1) Custom Cold-Air Intake
(2) High-flow conical filter
(3?) 25 shot of nitrous?

Exhaust:
(1) Pacesetter headers
(2) Gutted, or no, cat-converter
(3) 2.25" pipe all the way back to a free-flowing muffler(straight through)

Ignition:
(1) Replace plugs with NGK Laser Platinum plugs
(2) Replace plugwires with NGK wires
(3) Install MSD Ignition system
(4) Install gold rotor
(5) Advance timing to ~3 degrees

I plan on using a stage-3 ACT clutch with Aluminium flywheel to minimize power loss from the block to the transmission.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just one thing on plugs, copper is a much better conductor than platinum. And since the plugs are a 5 min job on the 3SFE, maybe you should run those and change them more often.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i suppose you are correct on the copper conducting better than platinum, but i am going for reliable power. maybe i will switch back to copper, dunno.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Well that setup won't make "big" power but it will be decent. My setup used to be very similar(minus the Nitrous) and while the car wasn't fast, it was a lot of fun to drive.

And like Ufoz already said, you don't need anything more than there level 1 clutch(i have ACT by the way) to handle the power you will be making.

Also, i would run a bigger shot of Nitrous. At least a 40 shot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
less weight will improve every aspect of performance. ie acceleration, braking, cornering.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
har har braking has nothing to do with how much the car weighs.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it doesn't.

its all about tires and tire inflation.

physics tells us that an 18 wheeler will stop at the same speed as a volkswagen bug under the conditions that each tire is the same and the wheels lock up, mo matter their masses.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
userlain said:
it doesn't.

its all about tires and tire inflation.

physics tells us that an 18 wheeler will stop at the same speed as a volkswagen bug under the conditions that each tire is the same and the wheels lock up, mo matter their masses.

:slap: :slap: :slap:

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
userlain said:
According to that "one chart"(i forget the chart, but i've seen it), the 3sfe is making 115hp stock.

This is how I plan on making the 3sfe powerful:

Intake:
(1) Custom Cold-Air Intake
(2) High-flow conical filter
(3?) 25 shot of nitrous?

Exhaust:
(1) Pacesetter headers
(2) Gutted, or no, cat-converter
(3) 2.25" pipe all the way back to a free-flowing muffler(straight through)

Ignition:
(1) Replace plugs with NGK Laser Platinum plugs
(2) Replace plugwires with NGK wires
(3) Install MSD Ignition system
(4) Install gold rotor
(5) Advance timing to ~3 degrees

I plan on using a stage-3 ACT clutch with Aluminium flywheel to minimize power loss from the block to the transmission.
Your intake and exhaust upgrades won't really do much unless you at least do some porting work on the head. You can add whatever you want on the intake and exhaust sides, but if you're still passing the same amount of air & gases through the head, you're not really going to get much from those upgrades.

The Pacesetter header in my opinion isn't all what it's cracked up to be. You're probably better off trying to get a Genie header.

For emissions purposes, I would look into a performance cat converter (Random Technology) as opposed to running straight-pipe.

Just my 2 cents...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts