Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey you know how (for those that have stock keyless entry) when u hit the lock doors or open doors button, the turn signals in front and the brake lights (and licence plate lights) in the backk flash, how can i make it so my underglow flahses on once and then off, i cut my parking lights wire off for the front lights, so those dont flash anymore when locking/opening doors, how can i make it so they do and NOT have the parking lights......

Or make it so only the licence plate lights flash in the back when hittin the buttons....like is this at all possible? and i still want the break lights to be dimmed, u know when u have all lights fully on at night, the back are on....i still want that, so cant just cut that wire...cause ill lose that.....thanks :hammer:

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
All I did with my neon was hook it up to my park lights and they flash when I arm or disarm my alarm. I looks damn awesome espeacially w/ the fact that my fog lights also flash when i ar or disarm the alarm.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Wire your neons to the parking light wires you cut.

However the only problem will be that you can't turn them off when driving at night. Because they will be on with your head lamps. So if they are against the law in your area, you have no way of shutting them off :dunno:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
^
True. But then he would have to run both the parking lamp wire and the Underglow wires into the cabin. And wire them to the switch, then run them back. And that's a lot of work (but worth it ;) )

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is a problem tho, because i have 7 color changable LED underglow, and it turns on by hittin the ON button, its like a module, it has 7 wires in running to this little box under the hood, giving power to the underglow wont turn it on......u have to hit that button, its not like that standart underglow.

Any way i can make my front turn singals flash when i hit the buttons, but still have no parking lights?

·
Grenaded piston
7,447 Posts
aleks77 said:
Any way i can make my front turn singals flash when i hit the buttons, but still have no parking lights?
Why do you want to eliminate the parking light?

You do realize that clipping the wire to the parking lights means that they won't ever turn on.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
By parking lights I assume he means corner lamps :)

I know I took my cornerlamp bulbs out. No sure for them, and they don't match my headlamps (since I switched to Silverstars). It looks cleaner without them :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya my turn signals were always on with the low beams, at like half the power of the turn signal, u know, so i cut the wire, looks MUCH cleaner (u can see at bottom of my cardomain page) so ya.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.