Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2000 Rolla LE
corolla
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Corolla Le automatic. I want to change it to a manual. Can anyone give me some help about what i need and some places i can get the parts? Can i get the tranny from the dealer? Or do i have to look for someone selling a tranny?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
This is one of those topics that pops up once a week, use the search button and it should give you a few threads on this topic.

·
2000 Rolla LE
corolla
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read what you wrote about that other 2000 corolla but it didnt help that much. Im not going to trade my car in because ive already got work into it. Do you really think i need a donor car? I just need to know where i can find the tranny and imm good to go. I would be willing to do a whole engine swap a celica or something but I dont know what the engine options are.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Look in your yellow pages for Japanese parts places or even junkyards for transmissions and everything else you need, having a donor car is easier since you have everything you need exactly and you can see how it goes on one car before you transfer it, but it will be more expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts