Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Manual locking hubs are available for our year trucks yet??
If so would you have a link??
Thanks!!

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
Nothing for us. In fact there's not much out there for guys after 2001, there's a few options but not a lot. Unless there is a sudden demand for them by I wouldn't anticipate a kit anytime soom either. Perhaps the FJ market may get things rolling though, since we share the same front setup, I guess we just have to wait and see. Worried about your CV boots are ya.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well? "Hans" asked about the CV boots, and I told him this would be a good way to extend the life of his boots. So I figured I'd look into it and see? I was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea? Probably help with the MPG also??
Thanks for the reply AN!!
Maybe I'll Email "Warn" to see if they can make a set??

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow your CV boots look good! Mine are way more severe! Is that with the drop? Near as I can tell the Diff drop will only drop the Diff about 1/2". (Actually tilt)

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adventure North said:
No drop, waste of money IMO.
Cool I think so too!
Hey AN if you have some time later could you measure you actual height? From the center of the front hub to the bottom edge of the fender.
I want to do some calculations.
Thanks!!

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
toku58 said:
Cool I think so too!
Hey AN if you have some time later could you measure you actual height? From the center of the front hub to the bottom edge of the fender.
I want to do some calculations.
Thanks!!
Sure.

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
It's about 22.75" give or take, that's with me trying to eyeball the center of the wheel in the dark so I could be off 1/4" or so. From ground to fender it is about 37.25". I'll double check my measurement tomorrow when I have adequate light and it's not so bloody cold.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks AN I didn't mean for you to do it tonight?
I wouldn't want you to freeze your stones off!!:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
06' Tacoma TRD Sport
71 Posts
Not to ressurect an old post but thought it better than starting a new one... anyway contacted Warn and e-mailed them a letter on account of the lack of Manual hubs for our applications. Will update if I receive a reply. Hopefully will get something other than an automated reply and blow-off....

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
magnumrecoil said:
Not to ressurect an old post but thought it better than starting a new one... anyway contacted Warn and e-mailed them a letter on account of the lack of Manual hubs for our applications. Will update if I receive a reply. Hopefully will get something other than an automated reply and blow-off....
Way ahead of you. Warn told me that if anyone would make the locking hubs it would be these guys! Warn has No plans to do so.(At least this was their reply a few months ago)
http://www.offroadsolutions.com/products/tacomas_drivetrain.htm

ORS said they are working on a kit as we speak.

But judging by the looks of their kits it will probably be about 1K.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts