Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was looking at the online manual for the mr2 today, getting ready to pull the valve cover off to replace the gasket. Anyhow, for my old car, my crx, I had a helms manual, and it was very thorough about doing most of anything. For instance it would say in order to replace such and such a gasket remove this, then remove this, then remove... so on... I can't seem to find any step by step instructions for replacing the gasket for the valve cover. Am I just blind or does it assume I will just look at the exploded picture of the head and figure it out myself???

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oohhh another question for you all. My valve cover was leaking oil and so I checked the screws that keep it on. All of them were loose, and by a fairly significant amount.

Can someone explain to me which of the engineering wizards for toyota thought it a good idea to use a screw to keep a valve cover in place? You can't get any good torque on it to keep it down tight. Or is it that you wouldn't be able to get to all the holes if they used bolts?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well spoon-fed might be pushing it (perhaps my sarcasm meter is off a bit), lol...

I suppose alot of knowledge is picked up over the years about how toyota in general builds their cars and maintenance and such, but when I start digging around I want to make sure I don't f%%% anything up and sometimes the exploded view is just not cutting it when it comes to that type of deal for me...

hmphh back to my pictures of an engine...lol...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts