Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I attempt to put heated seats in my 2017 Corolla LE, I removed both round springs that power the recliner on my passenger seat. I don't think I needed to remove them in the first place, but thats why I'm doing the passenger first. I CANNOT compress these springs to save my life. I took pics of when they were still installed. I have tried using pliers and channel locks and cannot get it to catch. Any ideas how to reinstall the springs?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
As I attempt to put heated seats in my 2017 Corolla LE, I removed both round springs that power the recliner on my passenger seat. I don't think I needed to remove them in the first place, but thats why I'm doing the passenger first. I CANNOT compress these springs to save my life. I took pics of when they were still installed. I have tried using pliers and channel locks and cannot get it to catch. Any ideas how to reinstall the springs?

Thanks
My guess is to install the inner hook back in place and start pulling the outer hook out with the seat in the most forward angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts