Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this one time i was swapping out my cv axle joint and such and i finish with enough time to go out tonight except for the fact that when i went to put in my gear oil i realize that i dont know where the hole is!!!! sooo...i think i found it i think it might be the drain plug but any who the book says you need a pump to put it in there....anyone hvae any better ideas?

·
Registered
443 Posts
its on the front of the trany, its not eazy to fill, use a tube and a funnel. be aware, that you need to just do it off the listed capacity in the manual and thne check it with your finger. (should be right to the whole in the front of the trany. its pluged up with a bolt 17mm i think.. not positive, but you will know whitch one it is when you lie down and look at the front of the trany, its the only one there on the front face of the trany. (can i say it again, on the front)

get good gear oil, and the right weght, dont use ATF, the car use's like 85/90 or somthing like that, check with your parts store to be positive.

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
And your car is......?????????

Zrain's right if it's a ST18X. You should be able to see the fill plug on the front and to the right of the tranny. The other plug is below the car and to the right.

Just take the plug out, introduce your finger and the oil should be level with the hole.

Lubricant is 75W90, and yes, the lubricant IS heavy so it will take a while to go down.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Celica Kid has a Gen 5 GT if i remeber corectly

i think i should rebiuld a trany this winter.. making something for the sumer... somthing to enjoy.

humm how to make a stronger better trany for a gen 5 as a rebiuld....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks i thought that plug was it but i couldnt get much fluid in there....i tried using a siefin thing the other day but it kept dripping out...but its cool i think i got it working...and that is a 5 gen. gt-s :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.