Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the 07 Transmission issues for a while now and makes me fall in love with my manual more and more.. I am sorry to hear about all your issues.

Did any one of you think of switching to the CE/LE I4 Manual Camrys or just to a MANUAL transmission?

By 2008, I am debating on aquiring a used 2007 LE Manual transmission with all possible options. I am thinking it would be much better on gas than my current 1MZ-FE 2000 Camry Manual.

My Sequoia is the very first auto transmission in my garage but with three row of seats I could not find a manual transmission.. :lol: and it scares me to death driving it everytime cuz I don't understand the concept of a car shifting gears for me... :lol:

I wish Toyota had not released its 07 Camry so soon. That was a mistake. Like last month would have been a good time... :disappoin

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a CE that is a manual transmission. The only difference between a CE and LE is the LE has a power drivers seat and factory keyless entry. Other than that they are IDENTICAL cars.

I have since added leather and keyless and have some other goodies in the works. All done I still won't even have $19K in the car.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
RAV4EVR said:
I have been reading the 07 Transmission issues for a while now and makes me fall in love with my manual more and more.. I am sorry to hear about all your issues.

Did any one of you think of switching to the CE/LE I4 Manual Camrys or just to a MANUAL transmission?
Nope, I wanted a V6 SE and all of the bells whistles that came with it loaded. I sit in too much traffic to deal with a stick even if it was available. I would kill my self.

·
Registered
396 Posts
wireless said:
Nope, I wanted a V6 SE and all of the bells whistles that came with it loaded. I sit in too much traffic to deal with a stick even if it was available. I would kill my self.
I hear that, I actually sold my first 2007 Camry CE because of that but I got a new job with a whole lot less traffic and all highway so I bought another. I've just got to get it on par with the CE that I sold. My first one didn't have leather though but this one does.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have enjoyed my manual CE as well. The gas mileage is not as great as I expected but overall it appears to be very well made, plus there hasn't been any transmission issues (hopefully). I like what Klutch did with his on the leather. I bought mine early in the spring so the CE was the only manual I could get. I had an automatic before and I missed the manual so much I had to switch back (I have always driven manual transmission cars/trucks) the problem is I just couldn't wait for the SE with manual to be ordered so I took the CE instead. I also added the keyless entry as well.

Hopefully the aftermarket will add some HP options in the near future for the 2007 I4.

:)

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
07manual said:
I have enjoyed my manual CE as well. The gas mileage is not as great as I expected but overall it appears to be very well made, plus there hasn't been any transmission issues (hopefully).
:)
I just bought a manual CE also. My prev Camry LE auto had a power driver seat that the CE doesn't have, but I don't really miss it since I don't adjust the seat very much. The telescopic steering is pretty sweet too.

The dealer did agree to put keyless in the car after the sale and I will get that in a couple days.

What kind of mileage are you getting from your car? I've put 220 mi on mine since I bought it and the gas guage is at 3/5 - I left the lot with a full tank.

·
Streaker
2013 Sunset Bronze T
1,804 Posts
I think a manual trans is great except in a metropolitan area. I drove a stick for 8 years in bumper to bumper traffic 5 days a week. It would be great in a very small town in Kentucky. Lucky You!:eek:hyeah:

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Dude...you have a loaded SE V6. Be happy with what you have/parents bought you.
When I was 15, I had a bus pass.

·
Registered
221 Posts
^^ yeah agreed, took the bus throughout my whole highschool life. At least they bought u a V6, just use sequencial.

although, it would be nice to have a manual camry with a hand brake

·
Registered
56 Posts
touring camry, I am currently averaging about 30-31 with about 90% highway driving. Needless to say I am not very impressed with gas mileage but I am sure after time that will improve. I currently have almost 18K miles on my camry and has done very well so far. I really like to the room in it as well. Just wish I could have added so more options with the manual:sosad:

Enjoy!

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
07manual said:
touring camry, I am currently averaging about 30-31 with about 90% highway driving. Needless to say I am not very impressed with gas mileage but I am sure after time that will improve. I currently have almost 18K miles on my camry and has done very well so far. I really like to the room in it as well. Just wish I could have added so more options with the manual:sosad:

Enjoy!

That sounds awesome to me.. I get 24mpg ALL HIGHWAY and 21MPG ALL CITY in my V6 stickshift and I am not very happy.

I was thinking about switching with a Corolla or a I4 Camry in the same price I sell this one sometime in the next 18-24 months or just buy an 07 I4 Camry.

·
SEcond Rate Products
406 Posts
well considering 15 yr olds can't legally drive in the united states... and that the car he describes in his signature costs the better part of 30 thousand dollars... i'm gonna go with... its mommy's car and he just likes it and referrs to it as his.

just my guess.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I originally planned to buy a Corolla but after driving the two, I decided on the Camry. Mainly because of the Safety & Size factor. My wife has a Sequoia, so we usually drive the car to save on gas. I thought once we loaded everything in the car as well as our daughters stuff, we would need the extra room in the Camry.

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
07manual said:
I originally planned to buy a Corolla but after driving the two, I decided on the Camry. Mainly because of the Safety & Size factor. My wife has a Sequoia, so we usually drive the car to save on gas. I thought once we loaded everything in the car as well as our daughters stuff, we would need the extra room in the Camry.
Same here. Sequoia is kept in the garage... :lol:

On week days I switch the car seats/diaper bags/toy boxes/umbrellas/Food bags/stroller to the Sequoia so incase my wife needs to go anywhere since she is a stay at home mom and evenings and weekends all that stuff is transferred in my Camry... :lol:

Lot of work but to save gas.:lol:

I am looking to see the 08 Corolla. Not sure if I would get the 07 4cyl Camry or 08 Corolla... MILEAGE VS. ROOM
For now I will stick with my V6 Camry. May be it is not worth paying $10,000 for a 4 cylinder... :) I don't know yet.

I had a 4 cylinder 1996 Camry that I sold for the Sequoia and that Camry was our daily car cuz it was a 4 cylinder. I just loved the V6 2000 too much to sell. Now I got a V6 and a V8 and its killing me MENTALLY mostly. Being in a small town, I don't drive much but it's all in the mind.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is a pain switching everything out on the weekends but the savings is worth it. This is the first 4cyl I have had in over 10 years (with the exception of a brief spell with a turbo S60) and this is only the second car I have had in over 10 years as well (I have always had V8 4wd Trucks). I have to admit it is very hard to get use to the 4 cyl power BUT it is worth the cost savings for my family. I drive over 125 miles a day for work, so gas mileage and a well made cheap car is what I needed. The Corolla was my first choice but the Camry was a lot better with Safety and overall room.

Good Luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts