Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Limited
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi...was interested if anyone understands the scaling of the map on the center console display.

How is the scaling of the map determined as one zooms in and out with the + and - buttons. The bar at the bottom of the screen while adjusting the size indicates 1, 2, 4 etc miles, but it is not clear how this is denominated. (miles per screen width? Miles per inch?) My last car had a scale bar on the map image that showed the miles relative to the bar length. However in my 2019 rav4, there is no bar on the screen.

I looked through the manual and the info on the entune and nav system and did not find a clear answer.

Your help is appreciated

I have attached a PDF showing the diff between the current screen that has no scale and the older map screen with the map scale in lower left.

Byron123

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Limited
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got a reply from Toyota.....

The diameter of the circle with the triangle is the same as the scale you select. So if you select 1 mile, the circle covers one mile...who knew??

BTW my local dealer told me the distances on the bar (1, 2, 4 etc miles) are the aerial view metric. Not sure how that would help, but that is not correct!

Best

1 - 2 of 2 Posts