Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed mine a couple of weeks ago and provided this video on another thread. Even though the video is for the 6th generation camry, it's exactly the same for the 8th generation.

Vanity Lights
https://youtu.be/DlfRfeyQDK4?t=49

Thanks!! Got them changed out. It's strange that there is a mix of LED and non-LED lights in the car. The dome lights were all LED, as well as the super tiny glove box one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I changed mine a couple of weeks ago and provided this video on another thread. Even though the video is for the 6th generation camry, it's exactly the same for the 8th generation.

Vanity Lights
https://youtu.be/DlfRfeyQDK4?t=49
Curious what did you order to replace the vanity and door courteous bulbs? Been digging around on the site trying to find best option. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I Installed the atmosphere light ($27 it came with a helper tool and misc LED bulb) above the glove box in my 2018 SE. Install was 9/10 easy. The clips for the dash components are high quality and don't break when you're reasonably careful pulling it all apart. Super happy! The blue light perfectly matched with the other blue lights in the cabin. I skipped on the optional door handle blue lights because they looked way too dfferent from the other blue in the cabin.

Note - I plugged into the glove box LED. It was a little tough routing the wire behind the plastic housing components because I had to bend the wire and make it hop over obstacles and wires behind there with one hand most of the time. But it worked out great and the wire is plenty long to make it work.

Door lights were replaced with LEDs, too. Next on the list includes a dome LED, interior trunk LED strip, sequential rear bottom corner reflector LED lights.

·
High on Highlander
54 Posts
I Installed the atmosphere light ($27 it came with a helper tool and misc LED bulb) above the glove box in my 2018 SE. Install was 9/10 easy. The clips for the dash components are high quality and don't break when you're reasonably careful pulling it all apart. Super happy! The blue light perfectly matched with the other blue lights in the cabin. I skipped on the optional door handle blue lights because they looked way too dfferent from the other blue in the cabin.

Note - I plugged into the glove box LED. It was a little tough routing the wire behind the plastic housing components because I had to bend the wire and make it hop over obstacles and wires behind there with one hand most of the time. But it worked out great and the wire is plenty long to make it work.

Door lights were replaced with LEDs, too. Next on the list includes a dome LED, interior trunk LED strip, sequential rear bottom corner reflector LED lights.
Which atmosphere lights — do you have the link?

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Based on their description, I believe this is the light they're talking about. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-LED-Special-atmosphere-lamp-For-Toyota-Camry-2018-Decorative-Lamp-Door-Light-led-light-blue/32919549864.html

I just ordered this full kit(light bar and door handle kit). Instead of doing the door handle lights, I'll use the wire harness and do this instead.
Did you ever end up doing this? Curious how well it turned out and what parts I'd need to get to do it myself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you ever end up doing this? Curious how well it turned out and what parts I'd need to get to do it myself.
Yup. I think it turned out great. It is a little bright, but it's not distracting bright. Like, bright enough to read a receipt about 4 inches away. Here's some pictures of the door lights(starting with the 3rd pic) and a couple of the dash one.
As far as other parts, basically everything you see in the video. I used 3mm side emitting fiber optic skirt and pretty much any light source or pod would work. I found all that stuff on ebay. You can go with the small plastic light pods like they picture, or the larger aluminum ones with a 1W led, or even the lower priced "pre-wired 12v led". Get one of those leds in the same size of the fiber optics and either tape it to the bottom of the fiber optic or use some heat shrink tubing to hold it together. I did need to solder the wires from the light pod I picked up to the wires from the kit I posted above. But other than that, it's an easy install.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any write ups for the fog light kits or the rear reflectors yet? Ive seen some same the bumpers need to come off and others say that you can do it just with car on ramps.

·
1,649 Posts
21 - 36 of 36 Posts