Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 640 Posts

· Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,128 Posts
I'm thinking about buying those eagle eye / euro style led taillights from eBay for my camry. Those leds for the brake lights are plug and play right? No need for resistors?

Yes.

No need....

· Rainier
Toyota Camry 2007 LE
102 Posts
If HID plug and plays and retrofitting is too expensive, get MTEC super white bulbs for both the low beam and fogs (if you have them). There is a thread that discusses peoples opinion on bulbs. It talks about 9006 bulbs which is not what Gen 6 uses but you get to know what brands people like..

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300320
Thanks for the advice, I just received my bulbs and installed them into my car. The difference in light color is definite. As for the brightness, its about the same as the stock Camry bulbs. My Camry looks more like a Lexus (which is what i'm aiming for. Thanks for recommending MTECs

· Loving the camry =)
Toyota Camry
330 Posts
so i was dumb and didn't order all the bulbs when i wanted to and now i regret now ordering the courtesy lights.

does anyone know any local store that sells these leds? i'm in the OC, LA, RSIDE area. socal.

I got one 194 wedge for free due to shipping error.
Spending 10 dollars for one bulb including ship seems alil steep =(

any ideas?

· Rainier
Toyota Camry 2007 LE
102 Posts
so i was dumb and didn't order all the bulbs when i wanted to and now i regret now ordering the courtesy lights.

does anyone know any local store that sells these leds? i'm in the OC, LA, RSIDE area. socal.

any ideas?
I think Pep Boys has a section for them. Visit your local store.

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

any ideas?
I've spent a lot on shipping alone because I either forgot to order, I wanted something better, I decided to change it or just having to exchange bulbs which resulted me in paying shippping to ship to them and paying shipping to me. May seem pricey but 1 hours of work covered all the shipping charges...at most 2. In the end, it was well worth it and I dont even notice the damage on my wallet/bank account.
I think Pep Boys has a section for them. Visit your local store.
I highly doubt Pep Boys or any brick and mortar stores would carry these types of leds. If they didnt, it would be overpriced and not as bright.

· Rainier
Toyota Camry 2007 LE
102 Posts
I need a DIY for the Window Switch LED, electronic led flasher, and splicing resistors.

BTW, I think there is an existing post for the electronic flasher but there is no link on the main page. Maybe you should add it dcemureview.

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
I need a DIY for the Window Switch LED, electronic led flasher, and splicing resistors.

BTW, I think there is an existing post for the electronic flasher but there is no link on the main page. Maybe you should add it dcemureview.
Electronic Flasher was there. It was called "Remove Instrument Panel/Cluster". I edited the text to indicate its for the eletronic led flasher. Its also posted on page 2 - Remove Instrument Panel/Cluster (install electronic LED flasher module)

A friend will be ordering a spare window switch. He ordered LEDs for it and will be trying it out on the spare. Will have a DIY hopefully on it.

Splicing wires to install load resistors is also on first post. Its a PDF - Load Resistor Installation Instructions (PDF)

I already included what LEDs are needed. Window switch needs 3mm. The only one I'm not sure of is heated seats if you have or plan on doing those. Same friend will be trying it out as well. Due to size of the buttons, hopefully its a 1206

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
To get this results?

I managed to get to that point, but like you, didn't know the LED type, so I left it the way it is, but I'd love to know the LED type so I can change the ugly green color.
I responded saying that its probably a 3mm or 5mm. I will find out in 1-2 weeks. Friend ordered a spare window switch to try it out. If it works, I'll post up info and maybe we'll have a DIY. We'll see.

· "Circle of trust"
Camry SE
1,257 Posts
Anybody know what type of LED this is? This LED is located on the window switch circuit board.

Alright! This is the LED I purchased from Radioshack. Works great! The only thing with the LED that I used was that I forced it as close as it would go to the circuit board. That said, it sits considerable higher than the original one. After testing fitting everything, I noticed the driver's side window button would not budge if I pulled it towards the up position. I opened everything up and pushed the LED flat against the circuit board. Test fit number 2, all switches working in the up and down position. Before assembling everything back together. I connected the window switch to the wiring harness and tested that the LED is lighting. LED is lit and functioning. Assembled the door panel and snugged everything back together. Other LED's that "might" work in this situation: round 5MM, round 10MM. I feel that the 3mm would not work and is way to small. Good luck!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3496417

· "Circle of trust"
Camry SE
1,257 Posts
A quick tip, I marked the original LED and circuit board with a sharpie marker. That way, I could compare and know which way to install the new LED. This I feel is an easy mod with patience's and a little planning. Again Good luck!

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Alright! This is the LED I purchased from Radioshack. Works great! The only thing with the LED that I used was that I forced it as close as it would go to the circuit board. That said, it sits considerable higher than the original one. After testing fitting everything, I noticed the driver's side window button would not budge if I pulled it towards the up position. I opened everything up and pushed the LED flat against the circuit board. Test fit number 2, all switches working in the up and down position. Before assembling everything back together. I connected the window switch to the wiring harness and tested that the LED is lighting. LED is lit and functioning. Assembled the door panel and snugged everything back together. Other LED's that "might" work in this situation: round 5MM, round 10MM. I feel that the 3mm would not work and is way to small. Good luck!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3496417
Thanks for the info. I think my friend also ordered 5mm (I hope). So we'll see. He won the auction for the spare window switch. Hopefully he'll get it this mid/end of this week and have it modded.

If a 3mm is small, wouldnt that give enough clearance? Not to mention, wouldnt it be bright enough for just that little area?

No pics of DIY? How about pics of your new switch? Also, how is the back of the board? Does it require soldering the LED?

· "Circle of trust"
Camry SE
1,257 Posts
The steering wheel controls were harder to do because the size of the LED's. I used a pair of tweezers to hold them in place. The problem with the 3mm is the spacing between the + and - prongs. The size of the LED would be perfect, but fitment is another issue. Sorry, no DIY. Here are some picture after the fact.

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how the swack LEDs work? Are they plug and play?
SWACK/SACK as in what VLEDs has? If so, yes and no. Yes as in you just plug in like regular bulbs. No as in you'll need an electronic led flasher module or load resistor. Not having any of these will cause it to blink. According to VLEDs, they are wired differently specifically for Toyota vehicles.

· Rainier
Toyota Camry 2007 LE
102 Posts
SWACK/SACK as in what VLEDs has? If so, yes and no. Yes as in you just plug in like regular bulbs. No as in you'll need an electronic led flasher module or load resistor. Not having any of these will cause it to blink. According to VLEDs, they are wired differently specifically for Toyota vehicles.
The Swack bulbs are the LEDs that change colors right? For example when you change your turn signal, it will alternate between white and amber (also known as switchback). I know it is necessary to have an LED flasher but I was wondering if you need anything for the switchback to take effect. Is it just plug and and play?

41 - 60 of 640 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.