Toyota Nation Forum banner
621 - 640 of 640 Posts

· Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,148 Posts
It was redundant and located in over 4 different threads not including the sticky.

I reorganized the sticky section and it is now located strictly under the "Interior" section in the DIY and General info sticky.

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
Why is this not a sticky anymore?
It was redundant and located in over 4 different threads not including the sticky.

I reorganized the sticky section and it is now located strictly under the "Interior" section in the DIY and General info sticky.
I think this should be a sticky. It's the master and main list. You'll end up getting more questions.

· Registered
6 Posts
I agree, it should be a sticky. I came back after many months looking for this thread and was surprised to see that it was no longer a sticky. I'm sure i would have found it eventually, but to save time, I ended up going to google to find it.

· Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,148 Posts
I agree, it should be a sticky. I came back after many months looking for this thread and was surprised to see that it was no longer a sticky. I'm sure i would have found it eventually, but to save time, I ended up going to google to find it.
I understand that, however the purpose of the DIY and General Vehicle info sticky is to be a main go to place for things like this.

Prior to reorganization, the sticky section was a huge mess.

Any new or returning member can use the new forum member or DIY sticky to find all the most important information.

I think it is a lot better the way it is. It is basically 1 extra click. And the people looking for LED bulb stuff, may stumble across a lot more important information in the process.

:thumbsup:

· Registered
225 Posts
Heated Seat Button Light Replacement

Has anyone figured out how to replace the heated seat buttons back light? Not the orange on/off light but the greenish heated seat logo when you turn on the headlights. I tried searching everywhere but I can't seem to find anything. I would replace with LED if possible but if not I would just use the regular bulb but I'm not sure how to get to it or if it is even possible. My left heated seat button back light is burnt out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to attack this? Thanks.

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
I understand that, however the purpose of the DIY and General Vehicle info sticky is to be a main go to place for things like this.

Prior to reorganization, the sticky section was a huge mess.

Any new or returning member can use the new forum member or DIY sticky to find all the most important information.

I think it is a lot better the way it is. It is basically 1 extra click. And the people looking for LED bulb stuff, may stumble across a lot more important information in the process.

:thumbsup:
We all know no one will do 1 extra click because they're too lazy to search or try and look for answers.

· Registered
225 Posts
Heated Seat Switch Bulb in 2004 Camry XLE

I saw Heated Seat Switch was on the not done yet list so I just wanted to follow up with a link to my other thread of replacing one the bulbs in the switch. It didn't replace with an LED but a pic of the stock bulb may help someone figure out what LED to use. I measured the base to be about 8mm and it seems both bulbs are the same size but I only replace the green one "bulb with cap".

I might replace the orange seat on indicator bulb in the button with a red LED. What is the official name of a Neo Wedge bulb with an 8mm base? I think its a type 3 with 6.5m between the leads. I hope the button has a clear filter and the bulb is amber. What do you guys think about the red??

Link to thread with pictures:
How to replace dash light in heated seat button (greenish backlight) *Solved*

Picture of bulb, about 8mm base:

The heat seat switch in my car

· Registered
1 Posts
First off hello, I drive a 06 Camry XLE(gen5.5?) and have recently swapped out all of the interior lights to led. Well, all but the vanity light because the kit I bought didn't have the correct size bulb. Any how, my question is which bulbs on the exterior can I replace with led without worry of blowing any fuses? Thanks in advance for the help.

· Registered
7 Posts
Other bulb Question

I Drive a 1997 Toyota Celica St and i would like to know what size bulb is lighting the ashtray? I cant seem to find it any where and I would like to change my stock bulb to a led blue.

· Registered
07 Camry LE
439 Posts
Hi guys recently my hvac control light on the sides of the knob burned out on my 6th generation Camry. I called the dealership for the bulb which costs $12.50 each. Instead of wasting money I tried to replace the bulb and used an LED instead so here are my instructions sorry there are no pictures for the instructions I didn't think of it in time. If these instructions are confusing please feel free to let me know and I will update them.

I purchased these of amazon for $14, which comes with 10 LED.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KVXTVZ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

These don't exactly fit, but we will fix this problem later on.

1. Remove the head unit and separate the hvac controls from the unit.
2. There are 8 screws on the back of the hvac controls unscrew them and open the controls and pull out the controls themselves.
3. You will notice on the back there are 3 black circles (2 on one side and 1 on the parallel side), which look exactly like the ones on the amazon picture. Take a small flat-head screwdriver and unscrew them and pull them out.
4. Since the amazon LED replacement doesn't fit onto the motherboard good enough we need to modify the old bulb holder to hold the new LED. This is done by removing the green bulb from the holder by just simply prying the metal prongs from the holder until they are straight and pulling the bulb out. Then I took diagonal cutting pliers and cut the opening of the holder where the bulb was located until it is flat against the bottom of the hole. Now the old bulb holder is ready for the led. Just remove the led from its holder the same way as you did with the original bulb and place the led into the newly cut bulb holder. The LED prongs wont twist all the way around the holder like originally, but as long as you get it on the side touching the green motherboard you'll be fine.
5. Do step 4 for all 3 bulbs and place the new LED bulb with its holder in the motherboard. Remember to turn the LED around if it doesn't work from first try. Also the LED still wont tighten all the way, but it still is much tighter then the holder the LED came with.
6. Assemble the hvac controls and the head unit back into the car.

Here is the finished product:

[/URL][/IMG]
Knobs turned all the way left (they are dimmer then when turned all the way right because the bulb is located on the right side, but still good lighting)

[/URL][/IMG]
Knobs turned all the way right

[/URL][/IMG]
Knobs in the middle with ac lights on

[/URL][/IMG]
With map lights turned on, which are also LED thanks to this thread

· Registered
2011 Toyota Camry LE
18 Posts
Hey Bandit!-is the topic (DIY Removal of Instrument Panel/Cluster & Electronic LED Flasher) work with a 2011 Camry LE? Someone told me that I needed to remove the fuse box below the steering column and access the rear of it, but it sounds like I just need to access it behind the gauge cluster. Which is correct? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
2 Posts
Alright, I've searched through about the past 10 pages of this thread and through the forum for an answer to this question to no avail, and it's as follows.

Do the VLEDs V3 Tritons fit on the rear turn signals and/or brake lights of a Generation 5/5.5 Camry?

I'm not really confident in what I'm seeing (purely due to the size), and I'd really not like to get the lights and have to return them for a $20 restock fee and return shipping. I want to put switchbacks on the turn signals in the rear to use them as a combination reverse light and turn signal, but space up there looks incredibly tight. Maybe I could take a dremel tool to the housing to widen up the space there. (I've got an old housing to experiment on.) From their video, which is an install on a Toyota Tundra, the largest diameter of the bulb appears to be smaller than a 3157 socket. If so, then I may have enough clearance for them without modification.

Any thoughts?

· Registered
164 Posts
Alright, I've searched through about the past 10 pages of this thread and through the forum for an answer to this question to no avail, and it's as follows.

Do the VLEDs V3 Tritons fit on the rear turn signals and/or brake lights of a Generation 5/5.5 Camry?

I'm not really confident in what I'm seeing (purely due to the size), and I'd really not like to get the lights and have to return them for a $20 restock fee and return shipping. I want to put switchbacks on the turn signals in the rear to use them as a combination reverse light and turn signal, but space up there looks incredibly tight. Maybe I could take a dremel tool to the housing to widen up the space there. (I've got an old housing to experiment on.) From their video, which is an install on a Toyota Tundra, the largest diameter of the bulb appears to be smaller than a 3157 socket. If so, then I may have enough clearance for them without modification.

Any thoughts?

I don't see why not. Normally those type of aftermarket LED's fit multiple vehicles.

· Registered
9 Posts
Hey there, I need some help. I've read almost everything in the thread that has to do with LED bulb replacement for my car. And I've done most of the work already. However, for some reason I cannot figure out this switchback turn signal deal for my 2010 Camry. I've got 7443 ck LED's, load resistors already installed, but so far all I've got is a normal blinker. What am I missing?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

621 - 640 of 640 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.