Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a test drive of the matrix before i was going to buy the corolla and it got me thinking, i dont know what to do
what do u people think of the matrix and the corolla whats a better vehicles?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Which model of both? I just got a 05 corolla XRS and I love it to death. The Rolla XRS seems to handle better and feels a bit quicker to me. But they are both killer cars, same engine, just different bodies. Just depends on what you want. The matrix has a larger cargo space inside in case you want to go to home depot or what not. I'm not a fan of hatchbacks so I like the rolla. But either way you should definately go XRS or you'll regret it in the long run.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Rolla XRS works for me. Matrix is great for a lot of cargo.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
Matrix is a Corolla that is streached out a bit. The Matrix is basically a Wagonized corolla. So it's all about wether or not you need the room.

·
Registered
boosted corolla
252 Posts
a Matrim is actually called a "Corolla Matrix", if your looking for speed and handling then go for the Corolla, its about 200-300 lbs. lighter (making it quicker) and handles better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got a Matrix in August 05. I drove the Corolla and it was very nice - just like a smaller Camry. Either one is a good choice but I went for the cargo capacity as our other car is an 03 Camry. We had a 90 Camry wagon for 10 years, traded it on a 99 Camry sedan 4 years ago and missed the cargo - that's why we switched to the Matrix this summer.

·
Registered
boosted corolla
252 Posts
for a wagon type car... the Trix is the sweetest one out, they look so good IMO

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
Well they are the same car so it is basically what ever you prefer.

Do you want a wagon or a sedan? As far as performance goes I'd go for the sedan because it is lighter. Though the wagon does have more storage... It's up to what ever you like better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
a Matrim is actually called a "Corolla Matrix", if your looking for speed and handling then go for the Corolla, its about 200-300 lbs. lighter (making it quicker) and handles better.
That technically is not true because the weight difference is only that of around 1.5 people's weight, AND... now here's the kicker... the Corolla has standard cheap suspension... here's why what you said really is funny... and the Matrix has Performance Sport Tuned Suspension...STANDARD...on ALL trim levels... soo which one handles better now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts