Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the biggest tire size is you can put on without rubbing anything? Im going to wait until I wear out the factory tires for a while but Im just looking at my options for what I can put on without having to cut anything or put on a lift.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm curious also but what measuring system are you looking for millimeters or inches?

If anyone knows why we still have two measuring systems for tires (outside of consumer laziness) please let me know.

·
Registered
378 Posts
KLSU said:
I'm pretty sure the biggest is 265/70-17's. That is what I am hearing on this and other boards.
I would like to see the biggest size with stock 16" rims, and a picture from someone that's done it.

Sorry not trying to be pushy :)

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
I went with Dueler Revo's (265/75/16's) but I did level the front end. I seriously think you could get these tires on there without the leveling. There seems to be plenty of room under there for those tires (without the mud flaps of course). I didn't do anything to the rear. Oh yeah... as it sits, there's no rubbing anywhere.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks for the pic.

·
And My Dog Remington
725 Posts
Dont want to hijack this thread but can someone post some pics of the largest that wil fit on the 17's

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
Nicky9 said:
Dont want to hijack this thread but can someone post some pics of the largest that wil fit on the 17's
If all you're looking to do is confirm size then just for reference, here's some of the specs for a couple of tires (from their web sites)... mine (pictured above) is listed first. Remember, you might be able to go larger, but I don't believe so, not without 2 to 3 inches of lift... at least from the research I did before I bought mine.

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
P265/75R16
Section Width = 10.6" on 7.5" wheel
Overall Diameter = 31.9"

BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO
LT265/70R17/C
Section Width = 10.7" on 8" wheel
Overall Diameter = 31.8"

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info and the pics nomad.

·
;o{
18 Posts
I just went to a couple of tire stores today to have 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler Revos installed on my 2005 V6 DblCab LB Tacoma 4x4. Went to a couple of places, Costco included. Guess what I found out. The tire outlets will sell me the tires, but will not install or warrenty the tires or assume liability because 265/75/16s are not a Toyota aproved OEM size. They will sell, install & warranty 265/70/16s, but not 265/75/16s :confused:

So, is the speedo/odometer error of 2005/6 Tacomas real, or a myth?
Has Toyota acknowledged anything about this? If so,
is there a Toyota fix for the speedo/odometer error?

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
--Moe-- said:
So, is the speedo/odometer error of 2005/6 Tacomas real, or a myth?
Has Toyota acknowledged anything about this? If so,
is there a Toyota fix for the speedo/odometer error?
It was very real on my truck. The problem corrected itself when I put larger tires on the thing. Now it's dead on at all speeds (at least according to the gps).

·
Registered
18 Posts
i want to put 265/75R16's but i have a 2.7L. Will these fit as well i have a 2.7L i4. if so how much of a loss of acceleration will i have? i heard the wheel gap is the same

·
Smell the Audiophiliacity
05 Tacoma
1,226 Posts
TRD Hunter said:
no pics of the 20's?
All these are bad photos, my truck is dirty (it's been pouring for the last week) some of the pics are dark, and my paint looks orange, but you get the idea

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
LiquidClen said:
All these are bad photos, my truck is dirty (it's been pouring for the last week)...

Not trying to bust on you, but why make up a story about a bad picture and dirty truck because it's been pouring for the last week when it's the same picture you used in a thread back in August? If you don't have any recent pictures, just say so.

Aug. 28, 2005 @ 10:37PM
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t94607.html (message #5)

By the way, IMHO, those wheels and tires don't go with the new Tacoma at all. Why put 20" wheels and thin ass tires on a PreRunner anyway? :disappoin Sorry dude, it's just not my taste. Oh yeah, what happened to your mud flap?

·
Smell the Audiophiliacity
05 Tacoma
1,226 Posts
nomad said:
Not trying to bust on you, but why make up a story about a bad picture and dirty truck because it's been pouring for the last week when it's the same picture you used in a thread back in August? If you don't have any recent pictures, just say so.

Aug. 28, 2005 @ 10:37PM
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t94607.html (message #5)

By the way, IMHO, those wheels and tires don't go with the new Tacoma at all. Why put 20" wheels and thin ass tires on a PreRunner anyway? :disappoin Sorry dude, it's just not my taste. Oh yeah, what happened to your mud flap?
Made up the story because it has been raining for the past week, and I havent had any chances to get new pics, which I have been meaning to do for a while. I guess I kind of misconstrued that statement when I improperly worded it? The tires really aren't that thin, and my ride quality is really good. Whats wrong with the flap?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts