Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the maximum deceleration of a 1992 Camry is, in m/s/s? If you can post any links to reputable sources, that would be very helpful as well.

·
Registered
567 Posts
If you are talking about braking it would be a factor of the tires and road adhesion.

Gary

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
92_Gen3_5SFE_LE said:
I believe it would be a little above 0.0 m/s^2 if you hit a wall.:D
Dammit. I wanted to tell him to experiment using his car and a wall. :lol:

Brake pads and whatnot make a huge difference. If your brake pads are worn your time will go up. If you want to minimize your braking time, upgrade your braking system.

Edit: Do you play starcraft? :lol:

·
Old fogey
1,429 Posts
Gary_602Z said:
If you are talking about braking it would be a factor of the tires and road adhesion.

Gary
+1

Get some slicks and test it out yourself. It's gonna vary tremendously depending on your tires and what amount of deceleration forces it can withstand before slipping.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Braking will also vary a bit depending on the temperature of the pads and rotors. The hotter they are (usually after recent heavy braking or braking often in stop-and-go traffic) the longer the stopping distance.

Mike

·
2,694 Posts
There are far too many variables to answer a question like that. tires, brakes, weight in the car, air temp, type of road, humidity, incline of the road...etc..etc...etc.....the list goes on and on.

I like the wall theory. 60-0 in .01 sec (have to account for the time it takes for the car to compress :D)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts