Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well kids its finally that time... for those of you who haven't seen my build thread... 9psi stock internals, k-sports, fully gutted yadda yadda

anyways:
I have some 205/45 16's I'm hoping to fit with the 16x8's 20+ Rota RB's i ordered...

IF IT FITS it will definitely bring out the old-school look i prefer

anyways i have already rolled and slightly flared fenders ( i borrowed somebody's roller awhile ago) but i may have to flare more and possibly even spacers in the rear or both...

just hoping it won't be more headache than it's worth... be nice to use 1st gear it's been a few months:naughty:

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
you might not be able to fit 205s on an 8 inch rim. it'll definitely be stretched. but other than that, the tires size looks fine.

if the tires do fit, the actual wheel will add a half inch on each side (compared to mine), which is about 13mm so the offset looks dead on. you shouldn't have any issues on the inside, especially with stretched tires like that.

the outside however will be 28mm (a little more than 1 inch) further out than mine in the front. That will probably need to have the fender pulled a good bit.

for you next set of tires i would probably deffinitly try to get some 225s if they'll fit :p:

PS - if you end up needing spacers, get some H&R spacers. that's what I have on my car. they're really nice and come with the lengthened studs you need. but they are pricey.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I run 195/45/15's on a 15x8 wheel but the et is 14. The only problem I could see happening is they may hit the rear struts. But then again I don't know how much more/less room the k-sports give you. I also have a set of 16x7.5 momo's on my other corolla with a 35et but I had to use a 5mm spacer in the back without giving a little positive camber. Pics.

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
jeez friday friday friday this is rediculous
i can't freakin wait my tires are pretty much down to nothing... damn aggressive alignment...

i'm hoping i can still runn some camber without hitting the springs...

anyway this is my before pic: since i raised the rear about .5" just to be safe:thumbsup:

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
I've seen 185 and 195/50-15s on a 15x10inch rims, definitely stretched so I don't see why the 205s won't fit. :)

Let us know how that width and offset works and what had to be done to fit them (fender rolled, etc..). Only thing I'm worried is that the 45 series might be too tall and you might have to go with 205/40-16s intead.

So make sure both you of you (4doorGTS) post pics of these superwide wheels. :smokin:

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well as far as the tire fitting: my 205/45's are about 8" wide at the tread so stretching them to an 8" rim will look perfect.

if i roll the tire on the ground next to my 195/60-14's they are the exact same height and like i said i raised the rear up another .5" yesterday just to be safe...

clearing the front fenders and the rear suspension are my only issues... i rolled and slightly flared my fenders a while ago but i may need another go at it...

fronts need to come out another .5-1" to accommodate tires (if i can even tuck them :p)

pics FRIDAY

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
I've seen 185 and 195/50-15s on a 15x10inch rims, definitely stretched so I don't see why the 205s won't fit. :)

Let us know how that width and offset works and what had to be done to fit them (fender rolled, etc..). Only thing I'm worried is that the 45 series might be too tall and you might have to go with 205/40-16s intead.

So make sure both you of you (4doorGTS) post pics of these superwide wheels. :smokin:
they're fine diameter wise.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
snow+bald tires=sideways
A rabid monkey
6 Posts
hey, don't mean to thread jack, but would I have any fitment troubles on the 92 GTS with 16x7 +38 offset and 205 40/16? Don't want any rubbing, can always go down to 195 if neccessary..... gonna be using GR2's and the Eibach kit.

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
I think you'll be ok, I had 15x7 with 38mm offset and 195/55-15s before and had no problems, if anything you can always buy 5mm spacers, they're like $5-10

·
snow+bald tires=sideways
A rabid monkey
6 Posts
very true, thanks. Hopefully it won't be neccessary though. I had 195/55/15 on my old ae92 on 15x7 +38mm and had no issues whatsoever, but then again, it wasn't lowered at all, so I suppose that makes sense.

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:sosad:
more bad news....

i had to go through 3 diff wheel selections... they couldn't find any of there stock and so they finally just shipped my wheels 3 day select...

they should be here Tues.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack but no sense in starting another thread they are not even on a car yet. Ren here is one 15x8 bbs rm with 195/45/15 toyo T1-R. I want to throw them on the DD but am going to wait for the good sedan for them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Those wheels are teh sexx ^^^

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack but no sense in starting another thread they are not even on a car yet. Ren here is one 15x8 bbs rm with 195/45/15 toyo T1-R. I want to throw them on the DD but am going to wait for the good sedan for them.
Bah, sell them to me once I find someone to buy my wheels. :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't think you would want to pay for them, it took me about 2 years of slowly building these things so I could actually afford doing it:thumbsdow

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
those are nasty stretched and kudos for actually getting a name brand wheel!!!

why didn't you go with 205's???

·
Registered
853 Posts
I used to own a few vw's and got hooked on the stretched look from them so thats why 195s. I have a set of drag radials on old tsw rims for the track so the bbs will be for the nice weather. And I really have this bad thing with lowered out 4doors on wide wheels.

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,502 Posts
i personally hate stretched wheels, but to each there own... anyways... i thought it be fun to put my eight six wheels on my 92 haha & from what i can see...woops 15x8's with 0 offset.. from what i can see they stick out of the car alot so id be worried about the tires rubbing on the fenders big time !!! if you stick with a 205 you should be okay for clearance in the rear (struts) but i prolly still use my spacers anyways... i only took one pic but heres what im playen with....

there gunna look crazzy on the 92 but cant wait to get tires & slap umm on & cruise around...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Dan don't you already have tires on them? They look installed on the ae86 in your sig? If not what size are you planning to run on them? There was a guy on club 4ag who posted pics of a gts with 15x8 et0 sportmax the car was lowered on something but they looked like they fit well I'll try and find the thread later.

And Ren if yer reading this what happened to minesh? Is his gts still in scarlem?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts