Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the vents under the seat belts in the back of my tuck? and has any one put in spekers in the door cards?

-dave

·
0 to 60 in 2.4 miles
1994 Toyota Pickup
536 Posts
Im starting to see why most forum veterans bitch so much about using google, try it out sometime its amazing :p

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
Uhh vents.....

And I'm guessing that by cards you mean door trim panels, I have speakers in there. Mount them near the lower front corner. Don't try to bring them up too high because they will interfere with the door check straps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet, ok i know there vents what are they for. are they to let out pressure in the cab when you close your doors?

-dave

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
I think it's more to allow air to escape for ventilation

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
My stereo

6 1/2" 4way speakers in the doors 6x9" 3way speakers installed in the side compartment cavities using 1/2" thick masonite for a baffle. these all run off of the head unit at 50watts/channel

then there are 5" coax speakers in the dash running off of a sony 40watt/channel amp through high pass filters

and a 12" subwoofer in an acoustic suspension enclosure driven by a 340watt amp

riding in my truck is like riding inside the speaker

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Pick Up
489 Posts
I have Rockford Fostgate 4" in front, then my 8W7. Talk about no lyrics and all bass!

Not sure on the vents though. I know my truck is almost impossible to slam a door on, unless a window is cracked, or the other door open. VERY air tight truck.

Vicoor-

Are the door check straps the black flat rods that come out when the door is opened, and keep it from over-opening? I un-hooked one of mine and accidentally shut the door pushing it through the hole and down into the door. It was a pita to retrieve and put back in the hole!

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
i dont think its the google search as much as its the fact they need to be more fucking specific. im glad vicoor still has patience, us young bucks aint got nun....

on the other hand im glad to see new people come here and not be afraid to ask dumb questions. i was once a young wanna be turd polisher.......

·
oh-pin-yun-A-ted
Pickup
1,407 Posts
everyone has to start somewhere, how do you expect someone new to know whats what in forums? cuz him some slack

·
One with the farce
3,143 Posts
and I thought those vents were to vent methane...

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
jakejjs said:
everyone has to start somewhere, how do you expect someone new to know whats what in forums? cuz him some slack
subliminal is just tripping because he needs some new tires to fuk up sum sheeit... :lol:

Btw, I always thought those vents were for speakers in an upgraded model, and on my base pos 94 standard cab they just stuck those stupid vents in there to cover up the hole...

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
yamahadave said:
where did you put the sub? i was thinking of puting where the jack is.
It's setting in the back"seat" It's a cabinet I built. Basically a big cube 1.6 cubic feet internal volume Takes up way too much space.

CarbonRevo said:
Are the door check straps the black flat rods that come out when the door is opened, and keep it from over-opening?
Yes that's what I am talking about. The speakers have to be mounted lower than that. I found this out because I wanted to mount the speakers closer to ear level and after I cut the hole in the door panel I could see that it was not going to fit. Now my door panel has a rather ugly "patch"

DCM said:
and I thought those vents were to vent methane...
This could be the reason noone wants to ride with you:dunno:

·
www.bodybuilding.com
254 Posts
What a fun post :) Sounds like a logical question to me Dave. There is no such of a thing as a dumb question if the answer is unknown

1 - 20 of 53 Posts