Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wanting to get a new grille. im lookin at the Lund grille screen cover. but with a cold air intake, would the screen covering the grille block a lot of air flow going into the engine bay thus restricting the air to the intake? like i said that may be a totally stupid question but i didn't want to assume. thanks for your help

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Cold air intake?? or do you mean short ram intake?

and your answer is no. If you were a RAM air system I'd be worried, but we still have to build that prototype :)

·
the noblest
324 Posts
Their is no such thing as a stupid question. :thumbsup:
What is this thing called a "rear leaf tsb"? What does it do? How can i get it?

i just proved you wrong lol :D

·
Did somebody say snow?
231 Posts

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lmao that sight has blinker fluid too! man i gotta stock up on that, its gettin hard to find. plus that engine oil bypass kit looks like it'd be a great mod to do on the yota. ahahahahaha

·
Registered
495 Posts
i'm wanting to get a new grille. im lookin at the Lund grille screen cover. but with a cold air intake, would the screen covering the grille block a lot of air flow going into the engine bay thus restricting the air to the intake? like i said that may be a totally stupid question but i didn't want to assume. thanks for your help
Most of the CAIs take air from inside the fender I think, but I am wary about those style grill covers as they do restrict airflow to the radiator and A/C condenser. In hotter weather I'd worry about how well the radiator is working as well as decreased A/C performance.

·
Softball God
07 Tacoma V6 SR5 DC
2,096 Posts
Their is no such thing as a stupid question. :thumbsup:
Dino or synethtic? Regular or Premium? What lift should I get?

They weren't stupid at one time but after being asked umpteen million times, it gets old. Of course, we can always ignore those threads...

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trust me i use search forums first, in fact ive found answers to a lot of my questions about intakes, exhaust and what not on seach forums but if i dont find what im looking for then i ask. and if you can ignore them, why dont you? not trying to be a douche here but i thought the whole idea of this website was to share information, ideas, etc. i asked a reasonable question in my opinion, so if you think it is a stupid question, then ignore it like you said you can do. like i said man, not trying to be an ass or a douche, just being honest

·
the noblest
324 Posts
trust me i use search forums first, in fact ive found answers to a lot of my questions about intakes, exhaust and what not on seach forums but if i dont find what im looking for then i ask. and if you can ignore them, why dont you? not trying to be a douche here but i thought the whole idea of this website was to share information, ideas, etc. i asked a reasonable question in my opinion, so if you think it is a stupid question, then ignore it like you said you can do. like i said man, not trying to be an ass or a douche, just being honest
eyy we were just messin around, and its not your questions that was stupid, we were just acknowledging that there are some dumb questions lol

you question is totally valid, i just dont know the answer...

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Hey, this place can get dull after awhile, We have to have a little fun right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts