Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
That Acura Guy
Joined
·
2,383 Posts
OH MY [email protected]#$*& GOD. Car & Driver has done it again. Fully loaded Fusion w/ AWD vs what looks to be like a base Camry. :disappoin I cant belive how these people got fooled into thinking that thing is better, well better than a base Camry. I have to say i've never drivin a Fusion i could be wrong...I think?
 

·
Research is Your Friend!!
2006 GTO
Joined
·
850 Posts
Careful what you say. . . .if you havent driven them back to back, then all you can do is smile and nod. . . . I have only driven the Mazda 6 (which is what the Fusion/Milan/MKZ is based off of), and i will tell you, it is quite sproty. With AWD and the all new 3.5 liter duratec, rated at 265hp (and was named one of "Wards 10 best engines"), would defenatley make for a fun little car. This was a back to back test of comperable cars, who can argue with what these people concluded?
 

·
5M-GE
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
The Camry was never known to have sporty handling. It won't ever break down on you - but there are lots of competitors who perform better. Also, Camry is tuned more for comfort, so it's fairly obvious which car is going to be more fun to drive... not the Toyota. I spotted a blue SE being used...

As said, the Fusion is based on the Mazda 6, which is pretty damn competent in the corners. It keeps on being said again and again, C&D likes sporty cars. They like to portray their opinions accordingly - stop crying over spilt milk.
 

·
Registered
1986 toyota camry
Joined
·
119 Posts
repinS said:
The Camry was never known to have sporty handling. It won't ever break down on you - but there are lots of competitors who perform better. Also, Camry is tuned more for comfort, so it's fairly obvious which car is going to be more fun to drive... not the Toyota. I spotted a blue SE being used...

As said, the Fusion is based on the Mazda 6, which is pretty damn competent in the corners. It keeps on being said again and again, C&D likes sporty cars. They like to portray their opinions accordingly - stop crying over spilt milk.
Well, yes, if C&D likes sporty cars, presumably its readers like them too. I certainly don't buy magazines which don't confirm my opinions.
Personally, I don't like sporty cars much, because I'm too poor to own new cars, so I buy second hand, and I tend to find a lot of second hand cars are not maintained well, and that sporty cars are thrashed. Also I tend to drive my cars towards their limits, and if I owned a sporty car, I'd get more tickets :lol:
Besides, the headlights on that Fusion are UGLY :lol:
 

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
Ahh man, was the camry made to be a sports car?? I think not, was the XLE tuned for handling? It wasn't even an SE (mind you it still wouldn't have won). At LEAST put the FF Fusion up to the other two, and put the V6 in the camry. Lets see AWD V6 Fusion vs. XLE I4 Camry...god, they might as well put it up to the five-hundred.
 

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
Joined
·
3,116 Posts
Now make those people drive from SF to LA and back with each of the cars and tell me the camry wont win that test. Besides how could you compare and AWD car to a FWD or RWD car like that....haha
Put the fusion up against an WRX and EVO...then we'll talk. Nothing to get mad about.

These tests are just for one aspect, not comprehensive, and C&D is always looking for performance, so prospective camry buyers could care less about that test. How many of them are going to subject the car to such conditions?

i didnt know the fusion was awd. thats good stuff i guess, so long as the other parts are reliable and improved. OH and if there isnt that cheap feel inside the cabin that i usually experience with american cars then i would definately respect the fusion more.
 

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Camry LE
Joined
·
134 Posts
engineer said:
Careful what you say. . . .if you havent driven them back to back, then all you can do is smile and nod. . . . I have only driven the Mazda 6 (which is what the Fusion/Milan/MKZ is based off of), and i will tell you, it is quite sproty. With AWD and the all new 3.5 liter duratec, rated at 265hp (and was named one of "Wards 10 best engines"), would defenatley make for a fun little car. This was a back to back test of comperable cars, who can argue with what these people concluded?
No. This was not a back to back test of comparable cars. One man mentioned in the video that the Fusion looked the best (or something like that). The Fusion looks like the piece of shit Ford that it is. Working in a detailing studio, and having worked on all three of these cars, I can say in all seriousness that the Camry is the best. Quality wise though, the Camry and the Accord are neck and neck. But the Fusion is way behind. I happen to think that the Accord is a little plan looking, but that is of course completely opinion. Keep in mind that this video was made for Ford, and the people giving their opinions in it were indeed paid. I know someone that was there, and he decided that he would not lie on camera for the sake of money. At the shop, we had trouble working with the Fusion. For one, it had trouble starting. Once we got it started though, it vibrated. One of the workers partly destroyed a floor mat during a ROUTINE wash. This has NEVER happened before. The Fusion was a problem to work with. The Camry and the Accor however, could be better described as dreams.
 

·
Toyota 4 Life
Supra and Camry
Joined
·
983 Posts
y dont they put it up aganist the new sport cam, then we will see who win. plus it is awd better handling god those people are sooo dum, thanks again car and driver....
 

·
5M-GE
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
TravisAe86 said:
y dont they put it up aganist the new sport cam, then we will see who win. plus it is awd better handling god those people are sooo dum, thanks again car and driver....
There was an SE on hand in the video, unless you're talking about something else?

I find the Fusion to be a rather handsome car, a little better proportioned and less... bulbous than the Camry - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But it's not like either of them (or the Honda for that matter) would be on my shopping list if I needed a midsize sedan ;)
 

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
Guys what SE? I saw a light blue LE and a dark blue XLE
 

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
Joined
·
3,116 Posts
DJT853 said:
No. This was not a back to back test of comparable cars. One man mentioned in the video that the Fusion looked the best (or something like that). The Fusion looks like the piece of shit Ford that it is. Working in a detailing studio, and having worked on all three of these cars, I can say in all seriousness that the Camry is the best. Quality wise though, the Camry and the Accord are neck and neck. But the Fusion is way behind. I happen to think that the Accord is a little plan looking, but that is of course completely opinion. Keep in mind that this video was made for Ford, and the people giving their opinions in it were indeed paid. I know someone that was there, and he decided that he would not lie on camera for the sake of money. At the shop, we had trouble working with the Fusion. For one, it had trouble starting. Once we got it started though, it vibrated. One of the workers partly destroyed a floor mat during a ROUTINE wash. This has NEVER happened before. The Fusion was a problem to work with. The Camry and the Accor however, could be better described as dreams.
did you happen to notice it was an asian dude that said the fusion looked the best? ha.
 

·
Ninja-rator
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
TTercel said:
OH MY [email protected]#$*& GOD. Car & Driver has done it again. Fully loaded Fusion w/ AWD vs what looks to be like a base Camry. :disappoin I cant bel...I think?
repinS said:
There was an SE on hand in the video, unless you're talking about something else?

I find the Fusion to be a rather handsome car, a little better proportioned and less... bulbous than the Camry - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But it's not like either of them (or the Honda for that matter) would be on my shopping list if I needed a midsize sedan ;)
midnightmach said:
Guys what SE? I saw a light blue LE and a dark blue XLE
RningOnFumes said:
no, they used an se.. Middle grade. and it was front wheel drive.... for the fusion
 

·
That Acura Guy
Joined
·
2,383 Posts
Big dude with long hair and big beard said the Fusion held the course better with AWD...He said it was blesing or something?
 

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
Joined
·
3,690 Posts
out of 600 reviewers....about 10 liked the fusion .. i bet if toyota made a video like that alot more would say the camry or even the accord is tghe beter car
 

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
Joined
·
3,116 Posts
taking ford out of the picture, i think most if not all of us would agree that a bone stock accord would beat a bone stock camry in terms of handling any day.

i watched this video again and they're really attacking the camry. I guess ford feels that honda isnt much of a threat to them.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top