Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't know where to post this but, here goes. I purchased a 06 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 six months ago after trading in my 04 Tacoma Access Cab due to the fact that my stepchildren were outgrowing the back seats and the wife and myself were trying to have a kid of our own (mission accomplished :thumbup: due in July), we would want the interior room, but I still need a 4WD pick-up truck. Now the Sivlerado is a beautiful truck and I love it, but.......for what we bought it for it never gets used. We always take my wife's car if we go anywhere and the truck just sits in the garage, meticulously clean and only gets driven by me to work (only 5k on the odometer).

Since we have purchased this truck we have since moved, mortgage +800/month and every damn appliance except for the refrigerator has been replaced (stove, washer, dryer, dish washer) and now the computer, refrigerator and furnace :eek: are making bad noises and supposedly our taxes are going up again!!! :thumbdown So now with a baby on the way we have to cut back a little, so I'm think about selling the truck, but I'm going to take a serious beating.

Currently I pay $365 a month for the Silverado and the early payoff leaves me with about $5000 in equity, I went to a dealer and I could expect roughly 25,000 on trade-in.

So I'm considering getting an 03 (or 04) Tundra Access-Cab (a child seat fits in the middle) just to considerably lower my payments, roughly 140-150 a month, chop some time off the loan, seriously lower my excise tax, and maybe lower my insurance a little.

Questions....I haven't purchased a used vehicle in years.

1. Since it more than likely would be an 03, its past the 3/36 warranty, but what about the
5/60 powertrain warranty, is that transferable?

2. Could I get an extended warranty through Toyota?

3. This is a tough pill to swallow, the Silverado is a great truck, is sacrificing dependabilty
worth 140 a month?

I went and looked at an 03 Limited TRD with 54k, good price, but after I drove it the salesman is like "well someone already put a deposit on it"....

Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks.

·
The Biggest comment Whore
2002 Camry LE
1,956 Posts
Are yoo looking for something big? Go to Ebay, or Carmax(if you have them) and search for a 04 Tundra DC

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Avalonman said:
Are yoo looking for something big? Go to Ebay, or Carmax(if you have them) and search for a 04 Tundra DC
The prices on 04 CC Tundra's are pretty high...it would be more or less an even swap. The access cabs before 04 seem to be MUCH cheaper and the bed would be a little bigger I believe, generally speaking it would just be to get me to and from work and use the Lincoln to tote everyone around, pretty much what we do now. But it still has to have some provisions for seating 5, not as comfortabley as the Chevy, but good for short trips.

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,156 Posts
:sosad: I understand why you would want a Tundra, but maybe you could down trade for an older Silverado 03/04, EC and get the lower payment you want, and still use your Brush/grill guard.(that was such a hassel) Good luck....that is one beautiful crew....but the Kids come first!!

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^Your right, GM is the only other truck I would consider. Right now its in limbo....when I think of the money lost vs saving some money it really puts me on the fence.

Also have to thank user YourSalesRep09 and 67Redneck, thanks for the PM's, they really helped :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts