Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaving from school, and going to down the road, and someone decided to make a right onto a random road that no one usually goes to (that area is being constructed) so I hit on the brakes, and an exort comes and hits me in the rear end. His CF hood was messed up, his BMW head light conversion was done, grill was done, and so was his bumper. My car just had a scratched up rear bumper...nothing to serious...but I get a new one anyways :D and the exhaust pipe tips got shoved in, so new tips/maybe exhaust?:D So yeah, I got his licence number, his licence plate number, his name, name of insurance and number. Plus he goes to my school, so new bumper for me.

But for future references, what are all the procedures you should do when you if you get in an accident, like all the information you should get?

And I am okay, I thought my whole rear car was done when he hit me....but the camry took it like a trooper :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Cops, right. When I totalled my first Camry, the police officer written in her report that the other person was at fault, but, we both got tickets, and my insurance did not look at the police report, they looked at the vague tickets and paid the person at fault 6 grand, while I had to buy a new car out of pocket while my insurance went sky high without me knowing why, oh yea, I just said without me knowing why, they did not tell me that they paid out to this idiot.

·
Registered
785 Posts
my camry has been rear ended like that... oh huh... about 6 times in the 9 years my parents have owned it.... and it still has a sorta of a dent there.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
i hate PA...we have "no fault insurance" so you end up dishing out the dough..it makes me mad that i have to pay when idiots hit me

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the guy just called me, and said the insurance is going to call me in 48 hours, ill post some pics of what damage happeend once i find my memory stick

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a check for 750 bucks, or I have the option of getting it repaired through a shop. Which one should I do? If I keep the check, I probably just get a full body kit...but that depends on the price of the paintjob and labor involved. Anyone know how much is usually costs for a paintjob for a body kit, and how much the labor usually runs?

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
full body paint jobs usually run for about 1000 bucks, but that's just what i have heard.

i got mine repainted after i crashed it, and it cost $300, but i knew some people, and i didnt repaint under the hood and all of the small stuff, i only painted the outside of it.

and 300 dollars was a really good deal

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
^---"cyber" or Erebuni style...

atleast 4 people on here have it...

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
do they make that body kit for 2 door camrys?

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
it's the same as the sedan, with the exception that you only have to change the side skirts a little, just cut them and they'll fit fine...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts