Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping this forum can help me understand the USB issues I have with my iPhone XR. I had an iPhone 7+ prior and the same issues occurred.

Basically what happens is every time I plug my iPhone into the USB in the car it plays audio just fine thru USB for about 35 seconds then just stops. You cannot push play on the screen in the car. Nothing. If you push play on the iPhone music begins again thru the iPhone speaker...completely disconnects from the car audio.

Weird

I'll unplug the USB and then I get the no Audio connection message on the screen. Plug the USB back in, go to source, select USB, and then playback resumes. Often times I need to do this 3 or 4 times before it stops with this issue.

If I switch over to Bluetooth while the USB issue is in progress playback resumes through the car, however the volume is really low. I'll have it up on max volume (both in the car and on the phone) and it will only be at about a 3rd of the volume level you'd expect.

Also weird

I have found that when I am connected via Bluetooth and the volume issue is occurring, if I "kill" the Toyote Entune app on my phone volume goes to normal levels immediately.

Another thing I have noticed is if I have the USB playback issue, kill the Toyota Entune app on my iPhone, unplug and plug the USB back in...playback thru USB happens without issue. As soon as I re-open the Toyota Entune app on my phone and log back into the app...USB playback stops.

Occasionally, if I turn my car off, restart my iPhone, and then turn the car back on with the restarted iPhone already connected to the USB, it all connects fine without issue.

I think the actual Entune App is causing these issue but not sure what the remedy here is. I have the most up-to-date version of Entune (for my make/model - Entune Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite) in my 2017 Toyota RAV4 and have the most up-to-date version of the Entune App (my make/model uses the older Entune App...the 3.0 App wont work with my car) - version 1.29.833.50.

Any tips, tricks, thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts