Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 97 Toyota Celica Gt With 2.2 Motor Returned To Me In Pieces I Bought A Used Motor To Do An Engine Swap Since The Car Was Already In Pieces Now That Everything Is Put Back Together The Car Will Not Start. I Changed The Coil, Ignition Control Module, Spark Plugs, Cap And Rotor And Wires But The Car Still Has No Spark. I Have Power To The Coil But No Spark Coming Out And I Tested The Resistance And Its Still Good, Does Anybody Have Any Ideas On What The Problem Can Be? Please Help

·
new celica owner
1990 celica GT
97 Posts
I Have A 97 Toyota Celica Gt With 2.2 Motor Returned To Me In Pieces I Bought A Used Motor To Do An Engine Swap Since The Car Was Already In Pieces Now That Everything Is Put Back Together The Car Will Not Start. I Changed The Coil, Ignition Control Module, Spark Plugs, Cap And Rotor And Wires But The Car Still Has No Spark. I Have Power To The Coil But No Spark Coming Out And I Tested The Resistance And Its Still Good, Does Anybody Have Any Ideas On What The Problem Can Be? Please Help
checked all the wires to the distributor? replaced the distributor?

·
new celica owner
1990 celica GT
97 Posts
I dont think thats the problem because i have power going in but not coming out the coil, Already tried 3 different coils. Any other ideas to what it might be?
it might be in your coil housing, someone i know had replaced a coil but still wouldnt start. also could be a grounding problem. or more possibly your computer needs scanned for codes

·
Registered
93 Celica GT Coupe
350 Posts
EFI fuse good?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it might be in your coil housing, someone i know had replaced a coil but still wouldnt start. also could be a grounding problem. or more possibly your computer needs scanned for codes
WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY COIL HOUSING??? WE TESTED FOR GROUND AND THE MOTOR IS GROUNDED AND I SCANNED THE COMPUTER AND NO CODES CAME UP....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts