Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 88 rolla SR5 with tail light issues (melted bulb panel). My question is are there any other models that share the same tail light assy's as the SR5/GTS or are they unique.I plan on poking around in the junk yard and would hate to pass anything up. I saw an older Tercel in the parking lot today and it looked like it was close enough that maybe the bulb panel inside might just be the same...???? any thoughts? Thanks

·
Custom User Title
1992 Corolla Dx 84k
104 Posts
i know lotus has the same tails, or maybe its the ae86/5?that would be expensive anyways.

IMO just look for another sr5/gts at the junkyards

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
How melted are they? If it's just causing the socket grounds to come loose, I soldered a ground wire to the socket and haven't had a problem in close to 10yrs now. If it's so melted that it's too damaged to work mechanically, then yea, just look for originals.

And a Lotus? Really? That's odd. Which Lotus are you talking about?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
if your really desperate casper, there is an sr5 in the pick n pull north yard here in p-town....you never know when they send those things to the crusher though.......

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
yes, they're from the AE86 and yeah they actually say Toyota on them.

And to your question, no... there are no other replacements that i know of.

·
Custom User Title
1992 Corolla Dx 84k
104 Posts
yes thats correct, it is the 86lol..

also the lambo diablo 6.0 has 300zx headlights. so if you ever need a replacement headlight or tail light for your lotus or lambo just go to the junkyard lol.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Yeah and if you ever need a replacement engine into your elise or exige, just pick up a corolla XRS or T-sport :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts