Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· NINJ4
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ey,
ive just finished my latest 'mod' and put some mesh behind my grill, besides making the car look a bit wider and cleaner:D it keeps bugs out of my radiator.. ive caught 5 in the last 4 days.. the auto parts store sold the mesh for around 37$ for a ridiculously small sheet, so i ran down to the hardware store and picked up some gutter cover mesh...total spent $3.06..and some epoxy i had lying around..oh.. and a couple paper clips..despite a few nics from the mesh, it was a fun/easy project overall...and thanks for the warm welcome TN :)

incase the pic doesnt show up: mesh grill

Attachments

· back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
2,248 Posts
^yeh....prolly...im thinkin mayb you could use some bondo to fill in the holes...as for painting...mayb some touch up colour might work:thumbup:

· Registered
400 Posts
I did my grill before. Bout a year ago. Cut the stems and the toyota insert. Then put the aluminum grill behind. Looks alright. Needs a little refining. I get a lot of looks and headnods. Compliments here and there. Wish i could show picks but I don't know how. And I don't have digi camera yet. But as soon as I do you can see it.

There won't be hole in the bumper. You guys:disappoin There will be a hole where toyota symbol is. That's if you cut it. You don't got to cut though. It depends on what you want and how far you want to go.

· NINJ4
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, there is actually mesh behind the top grill but its hard to see and i wasnt sure if i wanted to cut out my emblem... :( i want them to see that its a toyota about to pass em before its too late :lol: heh.. i wish.. but on the bottom bars, i was apprehensive to cut them out, do they have any structural use?

· Registered
69 Posts
jokelana

Hey Jokelana! I was wondering how you did to make that lower mesh grill hold up in place with nothing apparent! It looks clean and tight, I just can't figure out how you made the grill hold up in place.. Can you give me a few details on the process, and maybe pics if you have time?

Thanks in advance!
-Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.