Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
03 camry
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14 Camry LE 4 cylinder. Tried search and can't find consensus on what will fit without modifying center tube. Anyone know answer?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try this one:

15620-31060

Genuine Toyota 15620-31060 Oil Filter Cap Assembly

I bought that housing for the wife’s 2017 4cyl. I couldn’t get more than 2 turns out of it by hand and didn’t want to force it on. The original plastic housing I could almost screw it in all the way by hand. I ended up not using that aluminum assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Make sure your o-ring is seated on the machined spot for the o-ring. C'mon folks, wake up!

I'd say that I've run into 100's that were incorrectly installed and some that had two o-rings.... they were either difficult to install/remove, or simply leaked. Dealers have issues as do many quicklubes.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Make sure your o-ring is seated on the machined spot for the o-ring. C'mon folks, wake up!

I'd say that I've run into 100's that were incorrectly installed and some that had two o-rings.... they were either difficult to install/remove, or simply leaked. Dealers have issues as do many quicklubes.
I actually had the o-ring where you put the arrows in the picture. I removed the o-ring and then decided to put the o-ring back on so I wouldn't lose it and took a pic. And I forgot to mention, I tried screwing on without the filter and o-ring to test fit it. But whatever dude. Like I said, I did not want to force it on so I decided to just re-use the old housing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts