Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Michelin Crossclimate+ tires? I was thinking about getting them since we have a decent winter where I live. Just wanted some feedback/experience with them.

·
South of the north pole
110 Posts
The newer all seasons tires are decent for mild winter and snow. You'll recognize them as they have a mountain and snowflake symbol. They don't beat a good winter tire for ice and extreme cold temperatures though. I guess it all depends on where you live and what you are comfortable with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Check the tire rack website. Lots of reviews and tests. I lived outside Buffalo so I went to full snow tires. The Nokians were good and got me through some very bad weather. It is really a low cost improvement because you are saving the wear mileage on your other set.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone tried the Michelin Crossclimate+ tires? I was thinking about getting them since we have a decent winter where I live. Just wanted some feedback/experience with them.
The Goodyear WeatherReady is practically the same in rankings, and a lot more cheaper ($612 Goodyear vs $842 Michelin) as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Goodyear WeatherReady is practically the same in rankings, and a lot more cheaper ($612 Goodyear vs $842 Michelin) as well.
Yeah, I was actually looking at that. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,461 Posts
Do not get too exited about close to 5 stars reviews on TR. The CrossClimate+ is still pretty new on the US market and new tires always better than the old or OEM tires and of course all low miles reviews going to be "5 star". Look at the EU forums. I don't know about the +" model, but the regular "original" CrossClimate is just ok and like all newer Michelin tires gets noisier and loses traction after the first 15-20K miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They are a recommended buy on Consumer Reports. They are famous for being impartial.

Only time will tell how they work for you in your geographical area.

I kept my winter tires from my 2014 Camry. I have the XSE V6 so I go from 19” to 17” and use Michelin Xi3. With the winters the car was a tank. Without them, and the heavier front end, the car was a sled. The 17” are a lot cheaper than the 19” and worth the $500 I paid for nice looking rims. I just couldn’t do the black steel rims.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
22 Posts
These are the exact tires I was looking to get as well. I was looking for a really good all season tires that also does well in snow. I have tried snow tires (Bridgestone Blizzak) and I slid on these tires even when brand new. Anyone have other suggestions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts