Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have used the regular M/S extensively or can compare the two....is the newer M/S2 better in regards to dry roads/noise level, hydroplaning...anything other than winter weather since I have dedicated snow tires?

Looking to find out if these tires are virtually silent or just quieter than most. I have used the cross terrains and the latitude tour, the tour was virtually silent on good roads but didn't care for the occasional hydroplaning.

These arent for our Sienna but my Envoy, so I was hoping that the 4Runner or truck crowd could chime in. The Envoy is very quiet, only noise I hear at 60 is wind, the latitudes are very quiet but looking to change them and the LTX gets high marks, but hard to go by reviews since I don't know what standards others have for "quiet".

For me, no noise from tires on smooth roads up to about 60-65 ish.

Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
'2017 Camry XLE 4cyl.
734 Posts
I put the M/S2 on my Tundra and have to say it was one of the best tire decisions I ever made. Very quiet!

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
I had the LTX M/S (not LTX M/S2) on the Expedition. EXCELLENT tires. I recently replaced them with General Grabber HTS's... #2 rated tires on tirerack.com. Guess what the #1 rated tire was? The LTX M/S2. :) I just went with the Generals because of the HUGEEEEE cost difference. That being said, I think the LTX M/S's are the highest rated tire on the entire site... regardless of treads and brands. :lol: Read through some of the reviews on tire rack though. Good stuff.

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
LTX M/S are great used to have them on my Explorer. Only thing I found is as they wear down I find they lose grip in the rain exponentially.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apreciate the replies.....now it's boiled down to the MS2 and the Bridgestone Dueller Alenza H/L.

The Alenza I can get in the stock size though...again the MS2 would be in a plus size...but only slightly larger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did my tire research and put Firestone Destination A/T's on my 4Runner and after 60K miles I can say they've been excellent, and super quiet. Check the reviews on Tire Rack, they're rated #1 and are reasonably priced, especially vs the Michelins.

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,891 Posts
i have the LTX M/S on my wife's jeep liberty. i have put 37k miles on them so far and they are really holding up well. i think i will get 80k miles out of the set. they are very quiet on the road, though the non-agressive tread pattern help the noise level, they arent as grippy in the snow as i would like.

·
Registered
03 Toyota Highlander
1,672 Posts
Sorry for reviving a dying thread....

But what do you guys think of the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred?

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Sorry for reviving a dying thread....

But what do you guys think of the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred?
I think whatever the reviews on tire rack say about it. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts