Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 Avalon XLE Touring. I am having issues with phone via bluetooth, I can hear the sounds on the car's speakers (music or phone call). BUT...While on a phone call, I can hear the other person on the car's speakers but the person cannot hear me. Also, the navigation system does not recognize my "voice commands" so I am thinking there is something wrong with the car's mic. Any ideas what to check or how to troubleshoot? I noticed there was a similar issue with someones 2011 Avalon and the fix was to afjust the mic s "CLARITY" via the dealers software. Should that not work replacing the mic was the next step.

·
PJSMITH
1,518 Posts
My microphone works fine (from phone calls) but the voice recognition sucks as bad as I have ever seen

·
Registered
9 Posts
So this was weird, I had the same issue. 2015 XLE premium. All was good and then one day the mic just stopped working unless I shouted at it. I adjusted the volume and it didn't matter. When I tried to fiddle with the mic on rear view mirror, I simply just moved the mirror down and back up and POOF, the microphone worked again. Clearly I just had a loose connection.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is on the blink again.... just not working. Thought it was initially a conflict between having the USB cord plunged in for recharging and having the bluetooth on...... nope not the issue. My wife and I do adjust the rear view mirror.... so maybe there is a loose connection since the mic is there. Will just have to do some trouble shooting and look for the obvious.... loose, frayed or broken wires.
Seems my side by side refrigerators ice maker quit making ice because of a broken wire at the bottom hinge that moves everytime the door is open and closed. Got to fix that too.

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Ltd
1,299 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2014 two years ago. They reloaded the firmware, or so they said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Avalon XLE Touring. I am having issues with phone via bluetooth, I can hear the sounds on the car's speakers (music or phone call). BUT...While on a phone call, I can hear the other person on the car's speakers but the person cannot hear me. Also, the navigation system does not recognize my "voice commands" so I am thinking there is something wrong with the car's mic. Any ideas what to check or how to troubleshoot? I noticed there was a similar issue with someones 2011 Avalon and the fix was to afjust the mic s "CLARITY" via the dealers software. Should that not work replacing the mic was the next step.
I am having the same problem. When on the phone I can hear clearly the caller but they cannot hear me. So I know the connection Bluetooth connection is working. I have tried restarting phone, checked that mute was not on and completely removed phone from system and re-added. Nothing. Has anyone had any luck fixing this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 RAV4 and have been experiencing similar problems. Both my phone and my wife’s will connect with Bluetooth but the caller can not hear me. I tried removing both our phones, restarting my phone, reset all settings to default and wiggling the review mirror. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 2019 RAV4 and have been experiencing similar problems. Both my phone and my wife’s will connect with Bluetooth but the caller can not hear me. I tried removing both our phones, restarting my phone, reset all settings to default and wiggling the review mirror. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealership?
Not sure what to tell you other than my wife and I ecperienced the issue yesterday. She was on the phone in the car and called me at home. I could not hear her and I told her so. She moved the mirror up and down and problem resolved.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Just had the same problem, what did you do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
May be it's as easy as checking the mic cable behind the rearview mirror. Sometimes it comes loose as drivers change the positioning of the mirror.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s not the mirror as others have suggested since the mic is not in the mirror on the 2019 RAV4. I have the same issue with my 2019 RAV4. The dealer said a software update last week would fix it. It did not. I’m convinced it’s a bad mic or mic connection...a physical problem not a software problem. I have another appointment at the dealer this coming Monday and will suggest they replace the mic. We’ll see. I’ll post an update afterward. It’s annoying that Toyota service people haven’t come up with a definite fix yet!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s not the mirror as others have suggested since the mic is not in the mirror on the 2019 RAV4. I have the same issue with my 2019 RAV4. The dealer said a software update last week would fix it. It did not. I’m convinced it’s a bad mic or mic connection...a physical problem not a software problem. I have another appointment at the dealer this coming Monday and will suggest they replace the mic. We’ll see. I’ll post an update afterward. It’s annoying that Toyota service people haven’t come up with a definite fix yet!
Did you get it fixed? I have the same problem with my 2019 Rav4. I connect to Apple CarPlay, everything works fine except when I make phone calls and I can hear the other person, but they can't hear me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello my friend, yes I did. It is the consul on the ceiling where the lights are. You need to take it to the dealership it’s manufacture fault. They just gonna have to reset it or replace it. But it is fixed. It is not something you can fix, they have to reset it or replace it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts