Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get it fixed? I have the same problem with my 2019 Rav4. I connect to Apple CarPlay, everything works fine except when I make phone calls and I can hear the other person, but they can't hear me.
Yes! The dealer had to contact Toyota’s honchos who explained how to fix it. They told me it was a software update, not the mic itself. Take your car to your dealer and tell them it’s a common problem discussed on this website and they need to get the right update from their corporate people. Frankly, they should do a recall on this to make sure all 2019 RAV4s get fixed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Avalon Limited and have struggled with the microphone from day 1! I had a Toyota Prius and always struggled for people to be able to hear me on other end clearly. I recently drove a similar Infinity while my car was in the body shop and all my voice to texts were clear and accurate. People could hear me no problem when I used the car Bluetooth. I also have No problems with people hearing me when I use my husbands Ford F-150. I think it is a Toyota flaw. Does anyone know if you can purchase upgraded after market microphone? Any other suggestions?
I have a 2013 Avalon XLE Touring. I am having issues with phone via bluetooth, I can hear the sounds on the car's speakers (music or phone call). BUT...While on a phone call, I can hear the other person on the car's speakers but the person cannot hear me. Also, the navigation system does not recognize my "voice commands" so I am thinking there is something wrong with the car's mic. Any ideas what to check or how to troubleshoot? I noticed there was a similar issue with someones 2011 Avalon and the fix was to afjust the mic s "CLARITY" via the dealers software. Should that not work replacing the mic was the next step.
I have a 2015 Avalon Limited and have struggled with the microphone from day 1! I had a Toyota Prius and always struggled for people to be able to hear me on other end clearly. I recently drove a similar Infinity while my car was in the body shop and all my voice to texts were clear and accurate. People could hear me no problem when I used the car Bluetooth. I also have No problems with people hearing me when I use my husbands Ford F-150. I think it is a Toyota flaw. Does anyone know if you can purchase upgraded after market microphone? Any other suggestions?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts