Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about adding an 8" woofer on my rear deck to add some midbass. I like this idea because right now I have 2 sets of mbquart psc210's and two compvr 15's so the jump from 4 inches to fifteen definately leaves me a little lacking. my question is, does anyone know of some good midbass drivers that I might look into?I figure can put in 1 or 2 as iwill be replacing my 2 channle mid nd high amp with either a five or six channel. they will have to live on my rear deck which is a little far from me I know, but there is little I can do elsewhere in my whip and really want something. any suggestions please?

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
Focal, MB Quart, DLS, Revelators (7") all make excellent 8 inch driver for midbass

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you know anything about the new kicker ssmb8's they seem to be pretty nice. I decided to go with a shallow box on the rear deck rather than mount through it. these mid bass speakers seem to require little or no enclosure so with like .8 ft^3 they should do really well?

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
.8 ft^3 is a lot... thats enough for most 10" subs!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the RMB 8 Kickers. They do the job adequately but I'm saving up for either Dyn's or (fingers crossed) Revelators. You'll want to put some decent power on the Kickers, though.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone know anything about the kicker ssmb's? also are those kodas 79 a pair or per driver?

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stealth, I know .8 is a lot, that is not necessarily how much I'd use, just how much room I could use to fabricate the box. Iwould custom design it to accomodate the specific needs ofthe drivers

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
79 each

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
I have a pair of 8" kicker mid-bass's in my rear deck. I've honestly never heard any others, but I like them. Gives nice output to go with my Infinity kappa set up front, and kicker 10" L7's in back.

Now I just need a good set of 3 1/4" speakers. Hah! Like they make those.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you have the r or ss series midbass?

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, so the latest itteration of my midbass solution is as follows. replace my bum phoenix gold 2 channel and get the directed 6550 6 channel, keep the same 50 watts going to each of my mb quarts and then bridge the 5and 6 channels and run two koda 8's in series giving them each the full 150 watts from the 5/6 channels. any suggestions?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a pair of the Rmb8's but I never got to listen to them before they were stolen. The insurance company replaced them with the SSMB8's but I haven't installed them yet. I should have them in sometime in the next few weeks. I'll let you know how they sound.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'd definately appriciate that dave. nice score as well, I love it when an unfortunate occurance leads to good things. I definately won't be making any purchases for a while anyway, I have to save up for what ever 8 I get and the amp. also, how much power are you sending going to send to each?

·
Registered
123 Posts
97avalonxls said:
i'd definately appriciate that dave. nice score as well, I love it when an unfortunate occurance leads to good things. I definately won't be making any purchases for a while anyway, I have to save up for what ever 8 I get and the amp. also, how much power are you sending going to send to each?
I got my two amps, my sub, and midbass as newer and better models. The stereo kinda sucked but oh well. It's good enough for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts