Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The “reset mileage” at top of screen needs to be reset and what’s its purpose. I’m not talking about “trip” mileage...this one reads nearly 7k miles now, up from 3600 when purchased.

·
Registered
3rd Gen Highlander
763 Posts
The “reset mileage” at top of screen needs to be reset and what’s its purpose. .....
May be better if you have a picture to show... Are you referring to your Entune screen, why is it that you said it "needs to be reset"?

If on the Entune screen, it could be for the economy Data calculation...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying...
It’s on the rectangular screen between tach and speedometer that you toggle up/down to view fuel range, mpg, avg speed, mileage, etc. Is that the Entune screen?
Tomorrow I’ll take a pic and attach.

·
Registered
3rd Gen Highlander
763 Posts
Thanks for replying...
It’s on the rectangular screen between tach and speedometer that you toggle up/down to view fuel range, mpg, avg speed, mileage, etc. Is that the Entune screen?
Tomorrow I’ll take a pic and attach.
Ah, I see. That's the Multi Information Display screen (no need to take a picture now I get it). The Entune is the audio system in the center of the dash board. I had only reset the mileage a couple of times in the past (I reset it immediately after I just completly fill the gas tank to full, then just drive the car normally tank after tank, that way the computer can based on my driving habit to give a more realtime calculation/estimate of the range and etc.).

Even if you don't reset it, the system will average over time by itself automatically...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s the top number I want to reset. I don’t understand the purpose; it has been advancing since we purchased the vehicle. We’re averaging 23.1 mpg and I reset trip meters A & B at each fill. Originally, I thought it was related to maintenance but it’s had two oil changes and the number continues to climb and it doesn’t match odometer reading of 10+k miles. I can’t find any reference to that ‘window’ in the owner’s manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
3rd Gen Highlander
763 Posts
It’s the top number I want to reset. I don’t understand the purpose; it has been advancing since we purchased the vehicle. We’re averaging 23.1 mpg and I reset trip meters A & B at each fill. Originally, I thought it was related to maintenance but it’s had two oil changes and the number continues to climb and it doesn’t match odometer reading of 10+k miles. I can’t find any reference to that ‘window’ in the owner’s manual.
The number in your picture (Thank you, BTW!) "6871" indicates there has been 6871 miles since the last Reset, so, all the average calculations (such as fuel economy, range per full tank of gas and etc.) were based on the past 6871 miles. People (I myself included) use that to sort of see what I get for trips, mostly informational; yet, once in a while if you noticed the average gets dropped, could be an indication of something is not at its peak performance (i.e. EGR valve may need cleaning, dirty air filter, just as an example) etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do I reset that particular set of numbers? (I tried the instructions for clearing maintenance needed warning but that didn’t reset these numbers.) Now, I seem to be obsessed with that display instead of the too-large cupholders. Otherwise, we love this vehicle!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's the cumulative total of the miles driven and the average MPH since you have "RESET" these information in the system.

The following is from memory, hope I have it correct:

To "RESET", you need to depress the center button on the rocker switch with the up/down/left/right arrows on the right side of the steering wheel. You will be given two choices; one each for the two items. You need to use the up/down arrow to scroll through the two choices and press the center dot to select the one you want to reset. When you're done selecting, up/down arrow to the "HOLD to RESET" choice, and press the dot again to reset your selection(s). After this is done, the display should reflect that these information have been reset.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you XCM99 and Flyguy405! I reset both readings...now I better understand the purpose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts