Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04' Camry if you can see and I got into an argument with my mom bcuz she said that i've too high of a mileage on my car at 7100 mi. i got the car on Jan 24th...what is the normal annual car mileage....

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,269 Posts
For the original poster, at that rate you're looking at about 10,000 miles/year. That's 16K KM/year which is considered pretty low. I'm pushing 35K km/yr or 22K miles/yr.

I have a bit over 7K on my new car, and I've only had it for 3 months!

A car is meant to be driven, having it just sit there is a waste of money...unless it's super exotic or something.

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yea my friend is a mechanic and he told me it's really not good to over drive your a lot and it's also not good to under drive your car...

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
2k4CamThrilla said:
yea my friend is a mechanic and he told me it's really good over drive your a lot and it's also not good under drive your car...
Good for your car, or good for his wallet? :lol:

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't pay him anything....

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
I've had my car for about 5 months now and have put on about 3,000 miles on it soo far. Then again I don't do much highway driving. Gotta love Belize, everything in soo close to each other.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
I am 21 and do about 10-15k miles a year. My dad at one point when he had to travel for work was doing 45-55k miles a year.

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
yeah, i'd say that 12k a year is about average.

remember, though, a camry will go a hell of a lot longer than a (insert domestic 4 dr. family sedan name here). so i wouldn't worry at all about putting 15k or more a year on it.

edit: let me also mention that it's vital to do regular maintinance in order to get it to be as reliable as it was designed to be.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
National average (and also what most Leases are based on) is 12,500Miles a year.

Driving a lot is never a bad thing. Even better if it is highway mileage. 175,000 of my 200,000 are highway miles on mine. It's great for the car to run consistant. And I think I have kind of proven it lasts ;)

·
New 2006 Corolla LE owner
1,209 Posts
remember, though, a camry will go a hell of a lot longer than a (insert domestic 4 dr. family sedan name here). so i wouldn't worry at all about putting 15k or more a year on it.

Dodge Neon

·
Triple A Whore
Z06, Camry, Tucson
7,650 Posts
The purpose of a car is to be driven, even if it's an exotic. What fun is any car if it spends a lot of time sitting in the garage?;)

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I always get my maintenace check ups and services..

·
Not so noob anymore
130 Posts
My average was around 50,000km per year (or 31,000 miles). Now I have two cars so it has gone down this year to about half of what it used to be.

·
Triple A Whore
Z06, Camry, Tucson
7,650 Posts
I checked out a 98' Vette' for someone yesterday not too far from my house. It had less than 17K on the clock and it pulled so hard! I never really understood people that had low mileage vehicles. My parents know a couple with a Toyota Camry, 02' model I believe. It has less than 1000 miles on it's clock. They refuse to drive the car even if there are remotely rain clouds to be seen. What's the point in buying it?:(

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
My wifee add's close to 3K miles per year (yeah 3K miles per year) on our camry. I add close to 25K miles on our solara.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
my neighbor puts 85K-100K a year on his car (national courier)

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
i got my car in january too, i have 15K km on it, so your doing close to what i am...I was told that the average person does about 20-30K km a year. Dont stress you haven't over driven your car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts