Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5974 Posts

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing my preflight inspection, I heard this loud ass rumble. Next thing I knew, I had this big ass F-18 park next to the Skyhawk that I was going to fly. The guy graduated from my school in 2003 I believe. Anyway, here are the pics....

After talking with the pilot, he let me check out the cockpit and other parts of the plane.

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^The airport that I operate at usually has a lot of military planes that do practice approaches and whatnot. Usually a couple of Texan II trainers and a couple of Boeings. I believe 737s or 757s. A couple of days ago, a Texan II parked on our ramp. I didn't take pics that time. haha. I have other pics from other aircraft that have visited. I might post them later.

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
Oh I love that. I wanted to take on avaition mechanics but there is not alot of jobs out there right now. It would be like a dream to be next to an aircraft like that for me

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here you go ModifierMR engine shots for a Quest Kodiak STOL aircraft. It uses a Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-34 Turboprop engine.

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
get any cessna's? my mom builds them, i loooooooooooooooooove cessna's

Really? That's pretty sweet. We have 6 Skyhawk 172R's. Very fun planes. I have a few pics.

There was an American Champion Citabria running up its engine while I was doing the same in the 172.

We also got two Diamond Twin Stars

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,426 Posts
Two Blackhawks and a Chinook once landed in my neighborhood. Those are one loud-ass helicopters.

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like the Iroquois helicopters over here in New Zealand. They fly over my house occasionally and I can usually hear them about five minutes away before they arrive, lol.
haha that's awesome. Is there a military base near you?

xspeed said:
Two Blackhawks and a Chinook once landed in my neighborhood. Those are one loud-ass helicopters.
What did they end up doing there? lol. Blackhawks are sweet.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
haha that's awesome. Is there a military base near you?
Yeah the Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) use them here in New Zealand, and they occasionally land at local airstrips near me. Unfortunately one crashed recently and three service men died, and the fourth was seriously injured (which happened to occur on ANZAC day, a day of remembrance by New Zealand and Australian residents in honour of the members who fought in Gallipoli during World War I)...The Iroquois helicopters date back to the 1970's, although the crash was caused by poor vision due to the fog. They are upgrading the fleet to newer helicopters next year however.

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah the Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) use them here in New Zealand, and they occasionally land at local airstrips near me. Unfortunately one crashed recently and three service men died, and the fourth was seriously injured (which happened to occur on ANZAC day, a day of remembrance by New Zealand and Australian residents in honour of the members who fought in Gallipoli during World War I)...The Iroquois helicopters date back to the 1970's, although the crash was caused by poor vision due to the fog. They are upgrading the fleet to newer helicopters next year however.
That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. They instill the fear of weather in us for that reason. What part of New Zealand are you from? I've been there and to Australia as well. Both are very beautiful countries.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. They instill the fear of weather in us for that reason. What part of New Zealand are you from? I've been there and to Australia as well. Both are very beautiful countries.
Yeah it was a sad day, that's for sure. There are numerous news stories on YouTube about it. I'm from Auckland, and thanks for the compliment in regards to our country :thumbsup:

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,426 Posts
Yeah it was a sad day, that's for sure. There are numerous news stories on YouTube about it. I'm from Auckland, and thanks for the compliment in regards to our country :thumbsup:
Sorry to hear that. Tragic indeed. Couple years ago, S. Korea witnessed a Chinook crash while trying to drop a stupid sculpture on top of a stupid bridge. The crew could of survived if they fell in the river, but they weren't that lucky.

Christian87N: Don't know why they landed, probably just some training exercise. But like I said, I know when there's a Chinook or a Blackhawk around, but when you have all three at the same time, that is louder than some ghetto sound system on full bass. I did see couple of Navy Seals training in San Diego, they were being dropped from Blackhawks, and I also saw a AH-1 Cobra come up from behind a hill on the freeway. Now that was one intimidating scene to come across on when you're driving on the freeway.

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Wow, I couldn't tell why the Chinook kept descending. That sucks.

That would be a bad ass scene if you had a Cobra come from out of nowhere.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,216 Posts
Christian87N: Don't know why they landed, probably just some training exercise. But like I said, I know when there's a Chinook or a Blackhawk around, but when you have all three at the same time, that is louder than some ghetto sound system on full bass. I did see couple of Navy Seals training in San Diego, they were being dropped from Blackhawks, and I also saw a AH-1 Cobra come up from behind a hill on the freeway. Now that was one intimidating scene to come across on when you're driving on the freeway.
It's hell on I-5 traffic sometimes. I just went down to Camp Pendleton on Thursday and they were doing their usual exercises alongside the freeway. An AH-1 Cobra came in for a landing and passed over the freeway about 70 or 80 feet over the cars. You should have seen the weaving in and out of lanes as everybody is looking up and not at the road!!! Just wait till they start using the new MV-22 Osprey for those maneuvers......going to create major chaos on the I-5.

1 - 20 of 5974 Posts