Toyota Nation Forum banner

5621 - 5640 of 5681 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Add to that America politicians, most especially Democrats like Johnson, Carter, and Clinton, love to run combat ops from the Oval Office, with disastrous effects. Absurd ROE are the order of the day far too often with American combat forces, too often IMHO defeating the entire concept of fighting a war to win. As I say time and time again to all nations and their populations out there in the world, for shit's sake don't fight a war if you're not in it to win by blowing shit up and killing the enemy. Why European nations even maintain militaries I'll never know.

Anyway, in my experienced opinion, any weapon is on the table and there is no such thing as a weapon too cruel to use. If I had been President when Osama bin Laden was holed up in Tora Bora and Delta operators had him trapped there for a time, I'd have authorized the use of a low-yield nuclear demolition charge to kill him there and solve the problem expeditiously. But that's just me. What the fuck do I know about warfare, right?
Or why not have used the MOAB to kill him. We still have a few in our arsenal, waiting to be used. At least Trump decided to use one, so the world could see the destruction just 1 of them can cause. As far as running combat ops from the Oval office, Obozo was good at drawing lines in the sand and waiting for the wind to blow the line away. Or Hillary not protecting her people in Benghazi, just because she was nice and safe in DC, with more security than her diplomats had.

As for Europe being pussies, well most of them did get bombed to hell, and are worried about another "Hitler" raising, and using them on their fellow countries.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Or why not have used the MOAB to kill him. We still have a few in our arsenal, waiting to be used. At least Trump decided to use one, so the world could see the destruction just 1 of them can cause. As far as running combat ops from the Oval office, Obozo was good at drawing lines in the sand and waiting for the wind to blow the line away. Or Hillary not protecting her people in Benghazi, just because she was nice and safe in DC, with more security than her diplomats had.

As for Europe being pussies, well most of them did get bombed to hell, and are worried about another "Hitler" raising, and using them on their fellow countries.
Thermobaric weapons--very new at the time--were used at Tora Bora, but the special teams associated with the effort to kill bin Laden assessed something heavier was needed due to the fortifications made inside the tunnel system. A nuclear demolition charge was designed for just such an occasion, and Delta was/is fully capable of deploying such devices if authorized.

As for Europe, well, they did it to themselves. Their entire history going back several thousand years was nothing but warfare among each other, and it took Americans (twice) to go over there, solve their problem for them, and finally bring peace to the continent after WWII. IMO, that's one important reason Europeans resent America so much, because we did what they could not do over several thousand years of history. How could a bunch of mesomorphic Americans bring peace to Europe, perish the thought!!!

Nowadays Europeans (specifically, western Europeans) would rather suck Putin's cock, making themselves more dependent on Russia's gas supplies, and delude themselves into thinking they're so civilized, so smart, and so secure. I hate the smarmy arrogance of western Europeans.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Excellent! By all means, Turkey is welcome to purchase not even second best but third best, all in a typical Russian fighter aircraft that will be difficult to maintain, and ensure only 15% of the entire Su-57 force will be able to fly on any given day. But they'll sure look pretty on the flight line. :)

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
7,213 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Excellent! By all means, Turkey is welcome to purchase not even second best but third best, all in a typical Russian fighter aircraft that will be difficult to maintain, and ensure only 15% of the entire Su-57 force will be able to fly on any given day. But they'll sure look pretty on the flight line. :)
Does the US still have nukes in Turkey? If so, we should remove them.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Canadians are so stupid. If for no other reason than a massive landmass to cover, as well as a limited number of air bases, they should be looking no further than the latest flavor of F-15. They need something with very long legs, very high top speed if needed, and a large missile loadout. Only one plane fits the bill for their needs, but the Canadians aren't known for their brilliant defense acquisition choices.

Whoops!

Does the US still have nukes in Turkey? If so, we should remove them.
I don't recall off the top of my head, but I would say yes at Incirlik. Easy enough to spot from a Google Earth view if you know what to look for.

5621 - 5640 of 5681 Posts
About this Discussion
5.7K Replies
70 Participants
EKam
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing