Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a cable that is supposed to go between these two spots? I’m thinking yes but I’m not 100% sure. If it helps I have a 2014 Corolla S with a manual transmission and she has 102k miles. What do those two parts control? Thank you for any insight you can give me
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
1,320 Posts
Is there a cable that is supposed to go between these two spots? I’m thinking yes but I’m not 100% sure. If it helps I have a 2014 Corolla S with a manual transmission and she has 102k miles. What do those two parts control? Thank you for any insight you can give me View attachment 392203
Not sure what you are talking about in your picture. Your pointing to a BOLT and a HOSE CLAMP?
No there is no cable that attaches to both.

If you are referring to the part underneath I have no idea what that is. A better picture would help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what you are talking about in your picture. Your pointing to a BOLT and a HOSE CLAMP?
No there is no cable that attaches to both.

If you are referring to the part underneath I have no idea what that is. A better picture would help.
And the arrow on the right, def not a bolt lol it looks like a cable or spring should be connected to each other.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,945 Posts
That’s the shifter cable selector. If you have a manual transmission, you will have 2 cables attached. Can’t tell if you have a manual or automatic. But one of them has a weight on the end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s the shifter cable selector. If you have a manual transmission, you will have 2 cables attached. Can’t tell if you have a manual or automatic. But one of them has a weight on the end.
I have a manual transmission, there are no cables so I figured that’s what’s missing. Any idea what the cable is called?

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,945 Posts
View attachment 392356
View attachment 392355 Here are better photos. It’s to the immediate left of the cables in the diagram
335A0 is the shifter lever to the transmission. The part with the spring moves the gears within the transmission to select the gears. The shifter cables are arranged so that the shift assembly in the car can move these parts. You aren’t missing any cables here. If you did, then the transmission couldn’t be operated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
335A0 is the shifter lever to the transmission. The part with the spring moves the gears within the transmission to select the gears. The shifter cables are arranged so that the shift assembly in the car can move these parts. You aren’t missing any cables here. If you did, then the transmission couldn’t be operated.
What about the part behind it? It doesn’t look like it should be sitting against anything and it is

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,945 Posts
You should place a camera in front of it. Then hit record and move the shifter and then go through all gears. You’ll see how it’s connected.

The shifter shaft is controlled by the shifter cable. For the shifter shaft, it’s internal to the transmission. It operates the clutch fork to select the gears as you operate the shifter assembly in the car. The shifter cables output the movements through the cable and to the shifter shaft. Shifter shaft has 2 components. One side is for neutral and reverse. And the other is for forward gears. You’ll just have to record the movements.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts