Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how or whether this works? It's supposed to work with Siri on Iphones but there's also mentions of Google and Android in the Entune 3.0 manuals. Pressing the Phone button on the steering wheel is supposed to activate it via Bluetooth but nada. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 cell phone and there doesn't appear to be an Android app specifically designed to activate the Assistant function.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that it works on Android phones. Holding the phone button down does bring up your call history and favorites in the display between the gauges, allowing you to make calls with the OK button. That alone is a worthwhile feature.

·
Premium Member
'18 Toyota Camry XSE
621 Posts
I don't think that it works on Android phones. Holding the phone button down does bring up your call history and favorites in the display between the gauges, allowing you to make calls with the OK button. That alone is a worthwhile feature.
are you pressing it and letting go, or holding it for several seconds?

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
182 Posts
Speaking from daily experience, @djoyce101 is right. Holding the the Phone button on the steering wheel activates Google Assistant.

I use it daily to make calls, send text messages, play Pandora, etc. on my Samsung S9+ with Android 9.0

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
58 Posts
Speaking from daily experience, @djoyce101 is right. Holding the the Phone button on the steering wheel activates Google Assistant.

I use it daily to make calls, send text messages, play Pandora, etc. on my Samsung S9+ with Android 9.0
I tried holding the phone button but it just took me to the recent calls page. I am using a Galaxy S8+ running android Pie.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
58 Posts
I finally got the phone button in the car to work with Google Assistant. I connected my S8+ to my friend's Samsung Gear IconX earbuds via Bluetooth and tried to activate Google Assistant on it. My phone would then asked me to choose an app to complete the action and I chose Google. When I connected back to my car, holding the phone button now activate Google Assistant!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had this working the other day and then suddenly it stopped working. I had held down the phone button as mentioned above and on the screen it showed a big mic icon and then I said my command and then it worked. Later on the day getting back into my car to perform another action, it just took me to recent calls etc. I don't know how to get it back.

EDIT: I had found the solution to my issue. This post can be deleted by one of the mods. The desire for a fix lead me to searching around and I found it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts