Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new here and wanted advice.

I have a 4afe corolla '97 model, its also a project car right now. Currently deciding whether to swap it with a 4agze motor with a turbo or just turbo charging the 4afe motor Current motor is high mileage. Any and all advice will be appreciated. Which would be the best decision for the best power for money?

·
Senior TN Member
7,508 Posts
Shouldn't this be in 7th-gen Corolla section?

Welcome to TN!

Compare performance of JDM cars with 4a-ge Silvertop vs. 4a-gze. The boosted ones are significantly faster. You get a tonne more torque with boost.

·
4AGE Goodness
193 Posts
4A-GZE engines are getting harder to find as they really only came out in AE92 and 101 Levins in good numbers, but I'd get one of those before a 20 valve as you'd need to drop compression for boost, or use a worked 20v Black top to be able to chase boosted cars well enough. GZEs are good as they're already set up for boost, so if you get bored of the blower, rip that all out and bolt on a TD03 or something around that size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Ghost Rider ST
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing