Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1281 - 1292 of 1292 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
6,987 Posts
They usually call them the XS or XSP packages though. These don't but maybe they're just not throwing any tags on them anymore.
Ya, in your link they have another SE without them.
Wow, that's cool that they're installed on that Corolla from the dealer but like cb said, the Southeast Toyota dealers are the ones that install these kinds of parts on their cars. The last time one I saw for the Corolla was the XSP packaged Corolla like you mentioned with their own bodykits and decals. I wonder why it's only those specific dealers that do these installs and not anyone else?
Gulf States Toyota, SouthEast Toyota, and MidAtlantic Toyota are regional distributors. The dealers buy from them rather than direct. It is often a source of frustration because the Toyota web site won't display for the impacted zip codes, and instead redirects to the distributor site. Some factory options packages are not available, and instead, occasionally they will offer these cheap cosmetic packages... and they really do tend to be cheap parts... they offered a Tacoma a few years ago that had a "roll bar" light bar that looked no stronger than electrical conduit.
It can be frustrating to owners attempting to replace damaged parts because they are not available in the Toyota pipeline, and generally not available from the regional dealers... "oddball" tire/wheel combinations are frequent "offenders" where a damaged wheel can't be replaced... I've seen them use models from Enkei and others, fitted with a Toyota center cap, but of course, aftermarket wheels are often produced for only a year or two making them impossible to replace.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
6,987 Posts
What does that do? Not really sure spending $600 on a Corolla would be worth it unless I saw a huge increase in power and/or fuel economy lmao
Generally needed to take full advantage of headers and an aftermarket intake. Definitely needed for turbo/procharger installations. They also allow bypassing of the rev and speed limiters.

·
straight cash homie
22,848 Posts
Gulf States Toyota, SouthEast Toyota, and MidAtlantic Toyota are regional distributors. The dealers buy from them rather than direct.
Just a correction: Mid-Atlantic Toyota no longer exists. Toyota USA bought them out and its known now as CAT (Central Atlantic Toyota), so it is run by corporate and not privatized unlike GST and SET. Dealers that are in the areas served by the private distributors get their parts likewise.

From what I've seen, GST/SET dealers sometimes get their parts cheaper than the ones from Toyota (huge YMMV)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...daa154b/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.394b2d722109

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
6,987 Posts
Just a correction: Mid-Atlantic Toyota no longer exists. Toyota USA bought them out and its known now as CAT (Central Atlantic Toyota), so it is run by corporate and not privatized unlike GST and SET. Dealers that are in the areas served by the private distributors get their parts likewise.
I thought I remembered reading about that but wasn't sure.

·
10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,401 Posts
What does that do? Not really sure spending $600 on a Corolla would be worth it unless I saw a huge increase in power and/or fuel economy lmao
Cb basically answered it. It's equivalent to Hondata for Honda's where you can tune your ECU to allow any modification to work properly with your car and it's computer. It'll give you more power for sure.

Reactions: Kenny-g

·
10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,401 Posts
Reactions: DjAnnexAlpha

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
158 Posts
Is the original list in the OP the most up to date? Or should we start reading each page from the end to start? haha

Question: Where do you install the H-Bracket on the Toyota Corolla?

I've seen them install on the underside of the chasis but I too have seen them installed on the front end, not under the vehicle, but in front of the radiator/behind the grille/bumper.

·
10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,401 Posts
Is the original list in the OP the most up to date? Or should we start reading each page from the end to start? haha

Question: Where do you install the H-Bracket on the Toyota Corolla?

I've seen them install on the underside of the chasis but I too have seen them installed on the front end, not under the vehicle, but in front of the radiator/behind the grille/bumper.
Since I can no longer edit the first page, you'll have to go through the threads to find some of the newer ones. As for the H-bracket, pretty sure it's installed on the underbody. The one where I saw it was installed in the engine bay was on the 9th gen Corolla.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
158 Posts
Since I can no longer edit the first page, you'll have to go through the threads to find some of the newer ones. As for the H-bracket, pretty sure it's installed on the underbody. The one where I saw it was installed in the engine bay was on the 9th gen Corolla.

Excellent!

Thanks! I made it to the 60th page (started from the last page and worked my way to the front.. I know, assbackward lol)

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
6,987 Posts
Thanks! I made it to the 60th page (started from the last page and worked my way to the front.. I know, assbackward lol)
I used to read magazines the same way.
Dunno why... maybe because it was the smaller less-hyped ads that were of more interest, or maybe because I liked to start with the smaller articles and work my way up to the cover feature?

·
10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,401 Posts
Reactions: GDM
1281 - 1292 of 1292 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.